Friday, March 6, 2020

Taking My Christmas Village Down

Hi there everyone....How's your March going??? Mine has been busy so far. Many things to do and accomplish these last couple of days and weeks.

Tomorrow 3/7 I will be taking this lovely Christmas village down....I have really enjoyed it this year. Last year I was too lazy to put it up. So this year I wanted to leave it up as long as I could. Takes a long time to put it up....but a short time to take it down. 
Don't you just love all the lights? I shall miss my village. It's always different each year, but I have found certain pieces seem to find their way back to the same place each year. Probably I just remember where they were the previous year. They just seem to fit right.
This space will look bare when the village is gone and very boring. Some of the buildings included, a light house, the church, a restaurant, general store, mechanic's garage, a bridge, water tower, sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph in a manger, a house, people and lots of trees.
I always try to get a new piece each year....not this year though. Thinking I have plenty of buildings and people and space is limited.
There is a couple if ice skating ponds, benches to sit on. A post office, a school and gazebo.
See the boy shoveling the snow off the wooden play house. I think this is one of my favorite pieces. Always enjoy taking it out each Christmas.
I hope you liked visiting my village....sometimes I wish I could live there, away from the rat race and maddening crowd and world!!!

Since I last posted here. JP has been off work 18 days and this past Wednesday he was put on Leave of Absence. When his back is better he can return to his job. Not sure when that will happen. He tried for disability but was denied. In the mean time we sit with no income except SS (thank God for that) I called the mortgage company to tell them the situation. They said I can pay what I have and the rest, in a week when JP's SS comes. When JP worked, I always used his check to pay mortgage....now it is not there and I have to find another way to pay it. 

Hopefully I will be able to get other help. I have signed up to get help to pay JP's doctor bill. Can get food at the Salvation Army and Food Share. We might be able to get SSI and Medicaid. Guess we are about to learn how to "depend on God" for the next couple of months. I will keep you posted about JP. He does have a check-up the end of this month for his prostrate, hopefully that is still clear.

I have to tell you...my printer has come in very handy, what with all the papers I have had to copy and print for these different forms and such. GOD knows what we need when we need it....Awesome God!!!

Well time to close here...keep looking up I know better days are coming.....I am sure of it. Cheers ~ Louise


2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am glad you enjoyed your village for so long this year...maybe you could just dress it for St. Pat's Day and Easter and leave it up? (smiling)
I am sorry about JP. It is scary to be without that extra bit of income. xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so sorry to hear about JP'S back and hope he gets better soon. That's a long time to be off work. On a happier note, your village is simply beautiful. I love the skating ponds and the church. It's nice you were able to leave it up and enjoy it. I don't have room for something like that but I would love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails