Monday, November 4, 2019

One Day at a Time

Hi there everyone. Looks like it has been awhile since I last posted here. (Oct. 9th. goodness) What was I doing??? Living life I guess. Day by day, one day at a time, is all I can do.

Busy with my Blackhawks and watching them do a lot of losing lately, but I think there is a turn around and I just might be seeing them doing much better. Actually I have been keeping track of all the teams. I invested in Spectrums NHL Center Ice. So now I will be able to get ALL hockey games. Where before, I could get most of the games on the Internet, BUT, there was too, too much buffering, drove me crazy. Now I am a happy camper. I guess there were a lot of unhappy people dealing with the same problem. A couple of the other big networks cancelled hockey games locally. Dish, Directv and a few others. I might pay a little more, but I got my hockey.
As I look at my calendar from October, some of the things I was dealing with, was trying to get cards made for Hospice, finish the cards for my secret stamper group. Making 6 new images for the next 6 months and making cards with the images I got for the last 6 months. Got everything done. I also was typing recipes for the cook book Mary and I are putting together for a fund raiser for a scholarship for her son Josh. After everything is said and done....we might make about $2,500. (hopefully) But it does take time. Collecting recipes sometimes is like pulling teeth, not sure why. We have 87 recipes, going for 200. So we have a ways to go.

I am still trying to learn the quote above....slow learner here. My birthday is this month....yikes....73 years now, where did all those years go? The Bible says, "we are just a vapor" we are here today, gone tomorrow. That's why time flies so fast. We need to enjoy the days God gives us, but we always seem to rush ahead of HIM. getting ourselves in trouble and wonder why we wear out. There is usually no peace in what we are doing day in and day out on our own.

Well, I think I will close here for a while. I'm thinking the next few blogs will be some of the recipes we are putting in the cookbook. Just to give you a taste (no pun intended) That should be fun to do.
Talk later, take care and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Louise, I love that you are making a cookbook. I have a few fund raiser books. I think your quote is perfect and I too learn the hard way. But God never throws His hands up , or leaves us...He knows how we are. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
p.s. Happy Birthday

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Those fund raiser cookbooks are usually great sellers; will pray you gather the rest of your quota very quickly! And I love your thoughts on stress, on learning along the way, and on how he helps us no matter what... and an early Happy Birthday to you! Hugs and prayers...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails