Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving to You All

Hi there everyone. Wanted to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thought, as I was sitting here by the computer, and watching the Macy's Day Parade and the Dog show afterwards.
My little tradition every Thanksgiving Day. I would say hi. Nothing spectacular going on today. Just going to take it easy with a small dinner in a few hours. I am going to make something different today. It's been on my mind. Green bean casserole mixed with noodles. I can see it in my mind, so I thought I would try it. It will be easy for JP to chew, as his teeth are getting real bad. I am also having chicken (already cooked), dressing, gravy, potatoes, cranberries and buns. maybe a pumpkin pie too. Sounds good to me. No turkey today, did not feel like cooking one for just the two of us.

Well you have a great day, keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

7 comments:

Connie said...

Such a sweet post, I'm glad I stopped by to visit.
We didn't feel up to a big dinner and had ham and scrambled eggs. It's not about the turkey it's about remembering our many blessings :)
God bless you.
Connie

Brenda in IN said...

Sorry to hear hubby is having trouble with his teeth. I didn't make a turkey this year either. No one is really crazy about it so I did a ham. It's about spending time together and giving thanks.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Connie, thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your posts when I come over to your place. Ham and scrambled eggs sound good. We do have many blessings to be thankful for, sometimes some are very hard to see, but they are there. Blessings to you and yours also.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for stopping by. We were on a roll getting his teeth fixed. But we had no ins. and was charging all the work done, the card was maxed out. Can no longer go to the dentist till the card is paid off. That could be awhile. I am turning my chicken carcus into soup right now, everything but the kitchen sink went into it, but it tastes good. Blessings to you and your family.

NanaDiana said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful,Louise. I hope hubby can get his teeth fixed; not being able to chew and enjoy eating is miserable. Dentistry is so expensive. I wonder if there are any free dental clinics in the Fox Valley. Was he a veteran by any chance? If he served during any war years he is eligible for free dental work. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....thanks for stopping by. Our Thanksgiving was quiet. Yes there is a dental clinic in Appleton. cost $30 a visit. He had one tooth pulled, but has more to come out with lots of cavities. No he is not a veteran, but army would not take him, flat feet and hypertension. I certainly have to agree with you that Dentistry is expensive. We went into debt with the dentist and maxed out the credit card, can't use it anymore. Oh well, goes on. Enjoy the holidays...they will go fast!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

***Oh well, LIFE goes on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails