Thursday, April 26, 2018

Some More Cards I Made the Other Night and Hockey

Hi there everyone. Can you believe another week has passed us by??? April is almost over, although I won't miss the snow that went with it, it's all mostly gone, tomorrow the weatherman is saying a little rain and that will wash all the snow away. I won't miss it.

Watching some hockey tonight. The Pittsburgh Penguins played the Washington Capitals and won 3-2. Now playing, the Vegas Golden Knights are playing the San Jose Sharks and Vegas won 7-0, what a game!!! The Knights scored 3 goals in 7 minutes...that was amazing!!! The Sharks put another goalie in the net after 5 goals.....the Knights just scored another goal with the new goalie....great game!! My Step-father, if he was still alive would probably be rooting for the Vegas Knights, as he gave up on the Chicago Blackhawks....I didn't though....but as long as the Knights are in the playoffs and not the Hawks, I shall root for the Knights, and hope they get the Stanley Cup!!!!
I love this fancy die, it's a Spellbinder, I bought it from Our Daily Bread it's called Vintage Flourish Pattern and also the outer frame is called Vintage Flourish frame. I am still looking for the oval that would fit the inside of the frame. (this oval is borrowed from Betty)Thought I had it when I ordered some ovals from Amazon...but nope, still not a fit.
I have been borrowing this die from Betty. Always with the thought of getting my own set....well finally I got my own set. Makes such a pretty card. I have this card sitting by my computer, like those purple and white flower that are glued with dots.
The pictures are printed on Acetate from the computer. I have quite a few pictures, mostly of "frogs" why, I don't know, but I think a few of those frogs will go for Father's day cards for Hospice.
This is my favorite card....I like that picture of the lady....so vintage looking, I think.

Well, the Knights won this game 7-0 Andre Fluery is the goalie for the Knights.....I wish the Chicago Blackhawks could have a goalie like him.....he is a winning goalie. Hopefully this next season will be better.

Have a good evening and keep looking up.....better days are coming, here, there, or in the air!!!!! Cheers ~ Louise




8 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Lovely card, Louise. I do like both of the dies you used, no wonder you wanted that oval set.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda......Thanks on the cards. Yeah, I shall be on mission to find the oval die that fits the Vintage Flourish frame.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Beautiful cards! And I'm so happy our new team, the Las Vegas Knights, has such a happy fan! I've never been into hockey but I am trying to understand it now, for sure... Hugs

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Evelyn.....Thanks on the cards. Oh it would be great to see them win the Stanley Cup....and I will be a fan till then. BUT when the season starts again, I will be a Blackhawk fan again and also hope the Knights do not beat the Hawks.....lol!

MaryH said...

This is a very elegant frame, and I too, love the oval shapes. It's hard to find one that fits a frame, unless you can buy them at the same time to go together. I've had this problem too. The frame looks so beautiful and quite different in each of the lovely cards you've made, using different images and different colors of card stock. I just took a look at the Vintage Flourish die, but I'm not seeing an oval center. Did you create that after you did the frame cut? TFS & Hugs Glad your team was the winner.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

HI Mary....Well, now I have 5 sets of ovals and not one of them fits properly inside the frame, either too large or too small. The oval die on these pictures were borrowed from a friend. When I asked to borrow that die again, it went missing. So I have to find one for my own. The ones that you see were already cut out with the oval die from my friends. Still on a mission to find the oval that fits within the frame.

Attic Clutter said...

just beautiful Louise ��
yup sold 4 heads on etsy so far..it fun
hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty.....thanks on the cards....good for you, always fun when something sells on Etsy. Glad to hear you are back at it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails