Monday, April 9, 2018

Black Ice Technique - My First Attempts

Hi there everyone. First of all....let me introduce you to a new follower. Her name is Mary and her blog is here. Thanks, Mary for stopping by.

So my following cards are a new technique I learned. First heard of it on Brenda's blog. I watched quite a few YouTube tutorials, each one different from the other. This is what I came up with.
In this card, I used an embossing folder. Lightly rubbed the black ink on the silver card stock. When I got the effect I wanted then dried it with the heat gun. The second layer was the embossing ink, covering the whole card, then heated with heat gun. 
Here I just used a flower stamp....I think I pressed too hard and got those streaks , but it looks okay. Forgot to add some gems to these two cards like I did with the 4th card below.
Same thing with the card above and below. Big streaks down the middle. Hey, but it still looks good. Each card has it's own personality.
The card above, I added a little color to the peddles and center of the flower.
These two cards were some of first samples of Black Ice. (I seemed to have a heavy hand which left streaks down the middle). The card on the right came out okay.

I think I will try red and green card stock (just thinking ahead for Christmas.)

So this week looks kind of quiet, not much planned. I need to work on some Aflac reimbursements. Maybe this will be a good time to do that. Still waiting for Spring to come....but I have a feeling it is not far away.

My dryer is working great. JP knows how to run it. The new car radio/CD player works great, I showed JP how to work that too. Hospice got their cards, now I am working on the next batch for May 4th. I think some of the cards above will make it to the Hospice box.

Time to close here, JP will be home soon, have to figure out what to make for him for dinner and do a few dishes. So it looks like I did some work....lol!! Have a great evening and keep looking up ~ better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Every one of your cards came out great! I don't mind the black lines on the cards. It gives character to them. I love using the embossing folders to give different looks to them. I tried it on gold card stock and I don't like it as well. You have to use archival ink and I only had black so maybe with a different ink it would look better. I'm so glad you tried the technique and had good luck with it.

MaryH said...

Hi Louise
Thanks for the shoutout, and also for becoming a follower at my blog as well. Next post I will be doing a shoutout with a link to YOUR fab blog too. I am excited seeing all the wonderful black ice cards! Gosh, they are really pretty, and even though you say you had a bit of a heavy hand (which I expect I shall also) I think it looks just great on every card. I like how you've done the overlay on the last cards very much too. I noticed that Brenda had said she tried the gold foil and didn't care for it as much. I saw a video, (and I agree with Brenda's assessment...the silver seems more dramatic for some reason), but I thought the gold was quite nice too. I just got my silver SU ink - and hope to get time to try this technique soon. I included some SU black archival - but I'll bet the Ranger Archival would work well too. Again, looking forward to getting to know you a bit. I enjoyed reading your profile. Looks like we are in the same generational era! Hugs TFS & have a great weekend.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda......Thanks on the cards. I think I am using archival ink, it's from SU. It's suppose to snow this weekend....so I think I will take time to make some cards.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Mary.....Thanks for the shoutout, always fun to make new friends on BlogSpot. I plan to do some more Black Ice cards maybe using green and red shiny card stock. I think I saw a teaching video and the lady used a different color card stock....see what happens. Happy card making, talk to you later. Blessings

JD/ Jill said...

Neat cards looks like a great technique...Must look that up! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails