Thursday, May 3, 2018

Some Cards I Have Been Working On

HI there everyone....hope your week went well. Mine was quiet....which is fine with me. Monday I went for my A1C blood test.....hopefully everything is fine. Will have my Doctors appointment next Tuesday. JP has his blood tested next Monday and his appointment with the Doctor the following Monday. I think he has a dental appointment also....but I did not mark it on the calendar....oh, oh I better get that checked out.

So lately, I have been working on some cards. 5 early Christmas cards in May.....I picked up these die cuts at the secret stamper reveal party. When I saw the card on the table I quickly ran back to the "extra image table" to see if there were more angels....and yes, these 5 were left. I had some sparkle backgrounds in my stash of paper and made my own angles. I must look for this die, I have no idea where the die for these angels was bought at a store or ordered online. I would like to make all my Christmas cards this year with this angel die.....so pretty!!!
Here we have some "Just a little note to say..." I saw this idea on the Internet. The wavy lines is a SU die and the notes I picked up at a stamping store.....I will get the name and place it here, when I look in the garbage for the package. I had originally made my own notes....but alas, they were backwards and upside down. Although the original card on the internet was the same, so I thought that was the way it should be.

When JP saw the card (he plays accordion and keyboard) he smiled and said my notes were wrong. So he went and got a music sheet to show me what the notes should look like. So, I proceeded to take my handmade notes off and replace with these notes....looks much better, if I have to say so myself. I have no idea what the tune is on each of these cards....maybe someone musical can tell me?
Now here is my "secret stamper image for May" I have probably had this stamp for 4-5 years and have no idea where it came from or who I bought it from. Sorry. I thought she would make a great "Mother's Day Card" I colored her in with copic markers, the real beauty of this card is the background. I used iridescent foil. Which was really fun to work with.
There are many ways to use colored foil....I thought only a laminator could be used, which I did not have. I went on YouTube and found other ways to foil. Tim Holtz has a few techniques to foil using sticky embossing powder (I shall check that out tomorrow at Hobby Lobby.) The foil is laid on top, tapped and rubbed then the foil slides off. Now I can't remember if a heat gun was used, I will have to check that out again.

Another lady used her cuttlebug with the foil papers and embossing folders, getting the right amount of pressure, she ran the folder through with the foil. It did not look like much, but she used painters tape to rub the foil off in the places foil did not stick.

Another lady used different colored embossing powders, a stamp and heat gun. While the image was still hot, foil was laid on the embossed image, if it did not take, she heated the embossing up and laid the foil on top again. You could use words or flowers, the ideas are endless.

My method was using foil paste. Rub the paste on the card stock with an old artist spatula (maybe I will look for a plastic one, mine was metal and all rusted.) Place the foil on the paste and I used the heat gun. The top one turned out better then the bottom one. But then, it really doesn't look bad either.

Here is a question for you....do you think these cards need something more, like ribbon, sequins, gems???? Or maybe it is fine just the way it is? Or, maybe it is too busy??? I might add a "Happy Mother's Day" greeting using the embossing powders.
Let's see, what else could I talk about??? I have started a couple of blogs and saved them in a draft. I made my first cheese cake a couple of weeks ago....pictures and blog to follow and maybe another cheese cake.

Another draft, is the cards made and received at the "Secret Stamper Image" reveal party, Part 1 and Part 2. There will also be a draft for the cards I made at Betty's house last month. My how time flies, I will be going for another session next week, maybe I should hold off on last months cards till I get another set of cards made at Betty's.

Hospice is next week Friday, so I need to get cards and Father's Day favors done for that. That could be another blog....Mother's Day and Father's Day favors.....we'll see.

Well, time to close, hockey is on...Nashville Predators and Winnipeg Jets. I am rooting for the Predators...so far the score is 2-0 Predators leading. I am also rooting for the Vegas Golden Knights....so we shall see what happens. Hopefully next season it will be the Chicago Hawks in the Playoffs!!!

Have a good evening and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

9 comments:

This N That said...

Beautiful cards..I got rid of all my stamping gear last year..I miss it a little but since I moved, I don't have the kind of space I need to make it easy and convenient..Love your Christmas cards..very elegant..Hope your blood work is good!! Have a nice weekend..

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I repeat Missy's hopes for good results on your blood tests. I really enjoy your blog posts. On your question as to whether that card needs anything else, it already has a lot going on but in a wonderfully vintage sort of way - if you do anything else at all, I'd keep it very small and very glittery or shine, an accent only, so it does not take away from the rest. It is fine as is, though. Only thing I can think of is a piece of feather on the hat or a shiny thin gold bow... I'm not really good at design... and I must blame you now for my sudden craving for a piece of cheesecake (sigh) - LOL - Hugs and prayers for you and yours as always.

Brenda in IN said...

Gorgeous cards and I don't think I would add anything other than a small sentiment to the lady card. The image is large and the foil adds a bit of color so I think it is finished. I don't always know when to stop either! I wouldn't know if a note was upside down or not. It would look good to me either way! I echo the wishes for a good blood work outcome.

MaryH said...

Gosh you have been uber busy! Cooking, crafting, looking at youtubes! (which can waste a lot of my day if I go to that, as I start looking at one thing, and then it goes to something else that struck my fancy.) Your angel cards are just lovely. The glitter really sends them to WOW! I hope you can find the die. As for the foiled ladies heads, I agree with Brenda, other than a sentiment (maybe heat embossed or not?) is the only thing I would dare to add. These are just lovely and I applaud your initiative in finding other ways to use the foil besides a laminator. These turned out beautifully, and what a fine stash you have built for many occasions! Good for you. (and best wishes on your tests. Just found out mine is a bit higher after being put on the metformin than it was before I started on it!) TFS & Hugs

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Missy.....thanks on the Christmas cards, I hope I can find the die. It would be hard for me to down-size. But if I have to, guess it will have to be. Look forward to seeing the antics of Zoey.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

I Evelyn......thanks for the ideas, I may just put the sediment, like Happy Mother's Day. A Feather sounds fun too!!! Maybe on the next card. If you didn't live so far, I'd drop and piece of cheesecake off too you, calories eliminated of course. Go Golden Knights....they are doing pretty good. Looks like Vegas loves them!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....thanks on the card. I think you are right, a sentiment is all I will add, maybe foil that too. I will have to let you all know about the A1C and the results.....only if good....hahahahaha. Have a good one. Your funny about the musical notes. Well, now I know, my dies helped me out of that one. Blessings

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Mary.....thanks for stopping by. Yeah, that is usually what happens to me also, one thing leads to another. Some videos are interesting others....."gosh, I can't stand to voice, like scratching on the chalk board" and off I go to another video. Thanks on the Christmas cards, I really like them also. Will have to start looking for that die soon. I may still get a laminator....but it's on the back burner. Now that I have all these other ways to try, it will keep me occupied. That is what I am on, metformin, two tabs in the morning and two 12 hours later. Blood sugars drive me crazy. Blessings.

Attic Clutter said...

Oh they are so pretty Louise!
love the angel and old fashion hat ladies..
Thanks for coming by,
yup am enjoying my yard,home and garden with the table area..tea for 2..ha
hugs..Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails