Thursday, April 5, 2018

Cards I Would Like To Make

Hi there everyone....Hope April is treating you well. Well, as I said in my previous post, the first week would be busy. It was.
1) Monday, JP had an appointment with Doctor. His prostrate cancer is stable, no growth, Praise the Lord for that.
2) Tuesday was a free day. Snow was predicted, 3-12 inches. Glad I didn't have to venture out. We might have gotten about 5 inches.
3) Wednesday, we had our dryer delivered.....they even came with all the snow predicted....I was surprised. We are loving the new dryer. Now I have to show JP how to run it.
4) Thursday, I took the car to Muntz to have a new CD/Radio installed....finally music to drive with.
5) Friday, Hospice meeting and all my cards are made, not unless I add a few more tonight.....we'll see. (60 cards made)

Whew...that was a busy week for me, glad it is coming to an end. Next week should be more quieter, hope, hope, hope.

The following pictures of cards are what I am planning to make. I have made a few cards using this Rose Wonder image....I like this technique, looks like water color pencil and the rose stamped on it.

Here we have the Rose Wonder die cut on 5 different colors....pretty neat. I get most of my ideas from Pinterest, love going there for card and recipe ideas, etc.
Isn't this a pretty card, it caught my attention only because it is in purple and gold....like, like, like. Pretty classy!
Below is the peony stamp that I ordered from Altnew, I still have to use it yet....just a little slow. But I think this would be a nice technique. Looks like water color paints, maybe the peony has been embossed to resist the paint. Something to try.
Tonight I want to try a new technique, it is called "Black Ice" If you look it up on YouTube, you will find some tutorials. I had never heard of this technique till I read about it on Brenda's Blog hope this leads you to her address. You should see her sample of a black ice card at this post.

I am going to make one tonight....maybe I will get it on my blog in the next couple of days. (if it turns out) Well, I think I will close here for now. Need to go make dinner. We are having a Blue Apron meal "Chicken Paillard & Olive-Raisin Sauce with Warm Fennel & Potato Salad" Should be fun, I have never worked with Fennel before, then mixed with potatoes should be delicious.

Note: the meal from Blue Apron above...was VERY GOOD!!

Have a great evening and keep looking up....better days ARE coming!!! Cheers ~ Louise

9 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

All your cards are so pretty and colorful. I do love the peony card. You should definitely make that one. The black ice is so cool. You use a light touch with the black archival ink pad over the embossed panel. You can do it several times if need be. Dry it with heat tool and then a light touch with Versamark pad. You don't want to go over and over it with Versamark. Then clean emboss. You will love the results. I'm so glad to hear JP is doing so well and your dryer made it despite all the rain and snow. Be sure and post your black ice card.

MaryH said...

Hi Louise, just saw your comment over at Brenda's lovely Black Ice technique card, and zipped over to enjoy your pretty display of cards. Brenda & I are old blog friends, and had a chance to meet face-to-face a few summers ago at Stampaway. I love the variety of cards you've done with the rose motif. Gosh you had a busy week with all your errands and making 60 cards. I just became your newest follower, and will hope you might have time to visit me too. I'll try to get back to see your Black ice card. I'm waiting on the silver foil to come from SU, and I want to try this too. Brenda's card was just beautiful. TFS & have a warm, cozy weekend, and hope you don't get snow or flooding.

This N That said...

You had a busy week..Love the cards..especially the dragon fly..Pretty Pony stamp..Have a good weekend..

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....looking forward to making those cards. I forgot about the "light touch" on my samples, after a couple more tries I should get it. I will have to take pictures of my samples, maybe turn them into cards. I picked up some silver foil card stock at Hobby Lobby today along with some red (I have green) thinking ahead for Christmas....lol! Loved your card for today too.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Mary.....Glad you stopped by and thanks for following too. For sure I will stop by and put you on my side panel to visit everyday. I told the ladies at Hospice about the Black Ice technique....I am sure they will try it too. Why I never heard about this before...but it sure will be a favorite of mine. Always fun to learn new techniques.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Missy....yep, busy week, so glad it's Friday. Thanks on the card and candy favor. You have a great weekend. Love your little fireplace. They make a house a home, don't they. Thanks for stopping by.

NanaDiana said...

Your cards are just so lovely, Louise. I know you put a lot of time and effort in them and I think that anyone that gets one of them feels like they have been given a "gift" from an artist.
Hope you enjoyed your Blue Apron meal. xo Diana

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise
oh those are cute cards..
wanted to say Hi,
I haven't been on here for awhile
😄
hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana.....Thanks on the cards, but I didn't make these, I am planning on making them. I did make the Girraff card though with plans of making the following. Yes, I did enjoy the Blue apron meals. Very good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails