Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cards and a Busy Week

Hi there everyone of you.....guess I have been a bite busy lately. It's been 11 days since I last posted. Last Wednesday was my card making day at Betty's. That is always fun. I like getting new ideas.
Betty does most of the work designing, cutting and measuring. She puts everything in an envelope, card stock, paper, ribbon, tags, etc.  We just put the card together, using her copic markers, stamps and ink and gems.
This was a neat card to make. Betty had the flowers embossed with black. We painted in the colors with Pearlex which makes the colors iridescent...so pretty. I am giving this card to someone...I know she will love it.
This was a putsey card.....nothing colored in, except for all the peddles of the flowers. Betty stamped in the tree. So the flowers were colored then rolled on a rubber mat, glued then the gems were added. 
I really liked this card...will make for a nice birthday card, maybe I will give it to JP for his birthday. We used to have a truck like that....but I think it was green. JP tried to teach me to drive shift...but I never got the hang of it. Standard for me all the way. The background was sponged in with ink, then the windmill, foreground stamped in black. The truck was colored in with copic markers then putsey cut the truck.

We got our refund from Uncle Sam this week.....it will help for awhile. We will be getting our new (to us) dryer from Howie Voight Used Appliances next Wednesday. JP is getting tired of hanging clothes and towels. He hung towels outside on the line, they were out there for 4 days...till I finally brought them in.

The next day, Thursday, I will be taking the car to Muntz to get our radio/CD player installed. Gosh, I have been without a radio in the car for at least a year....it will be nice to have music and talk shows to listen to.

JP has a Doctors appointment on Monday. Keep him in your prayers. He is going for his 6 month check up for "active surveillance" to see if the cancer is still there. I heard the other day that a man had stage 4 prostrate cancer and is having the prostrate removed this next week. I am not even sure what stage JP is?? Will have to ask the Doctor....if I don't forget.

Friday, is Hospice meeting.....almost have my cards finished. Just a few more cards to add to the collection. I made some neat Mother's day cards and Birthday cards. I will have to take some pictures after I am done.

Well, it looks like a busy week....only day open is Tuesday. I need to stay home and wait for the call from Howie Voight to set up a time for them to deliver the dryer. That will be a great day, I am sure JP will have all his wash done, so he can put it in the dryer when it is delivered. No more hanging of clothes.

Well, time to close, I need to go make dinner for JP when he gets home at 1:30am....yeah, it's a long day, no wonder I take a nap at 4:00pm gets me through the rest of the day.

You all have a great week and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I hope JP's cancer is not Stage 4. It is easier to 'cure' at lower level stages.

Those cards are all just lovely. You do such a nice job on them, Louise.

I hope you and JP have a blessed, beautiful Easter. xo Diana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails