Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Luck of the Irish

Hi there everyone.....are you ready to celebrate St. Patty's Day???? Got my cards made, aren't they cute? Thanks to my "secret image stamper friend." She sent me these little leprechauns and I colored them in. These were extras. I have my secret stampers cards set to the side. 
I think I mentioned this once before. A secret stamper image is sent once a month, November thru April and then May thru October. We are given a name to send our images to. Our name is given to someone else. Last year, the lady had my name and I had her name....that was fun, when we had the revealing party, we were both surprised we had each other's name.  

We make 14 images, make two cards and then send 12 images to the person whose name we have and visa versa. It's quite the challenge to come up with a card using the image sent. Sometimes I have "brain block" then all of a sudden an idea comes and WA-LA and pretty cute card evolves!!! 
Here's my St. Patty's tree. As you can see, the red Elf would not leave his perch in the tree. I took him off......and he jumped back in....he said he liked the green lights and didn't want to leave. So I left him there. (to bad I could not find a green outfit....then he would have really blended in.) This is my first year for a St. Patty's tree....for the last couple of years I have thought about doing it, but didn't. I found some lights for half price and some shamrocks too. So, why not have a St. Patty's tree this year!!! I am not Irish....but it is always fun to celebrate special days.
This is my St. Patrick's Day center piece on the dinning room table. It always comes out every year. I have a Valentines, Christmas, Easter, Spring, Fall and Summer center piece. I like the changes of seasons.
Here are pictures of those cards again.....I was trying to eliminate the glare of the flash....put the cards in a plastic envelope...not a bad shot.
So tomorrow JP has an appointment to get a tooth pulled at the oral surgeon...he is not looking forward to that. Me neither, that means I will have to listen to his moans and groans for three days. I guess I shall be hiding in the basement.....making cards and hanging clothes on the line.

I got a call from the accountant this afternoon....our taxes are done. Gosh I hope we got a refund....that would be nice to have some extra money. For one reason, I need to get a new dryer. Our 27+ year old Speed Queen dryer sounds like a cement mixer when drying. I am now hanging clothes and towels on the lines in the basement. It's okay I guess, but towels and wash rags are so scratchy. Bummers...huh! Feels like the old days when we lived in Ladysmith in a Pole Shed. I just had a little washing machine and hung clothes in the house, good thing was, it put moisture back in the shed/house. We had a wood burning fire place and wood burning stove, so it was pretty dry in the shed.

Another thing I want to get done, is finally have a radio and CD player put in the car. I have been radio-less for over a year now. Maybe I can get that done. We have the CD player, it was given to us 10 years ago and has never been used. Time to get it in the car.

For the last couple of days I have been dealing with a plugged drain in the kitchen sink. I plunged and plunged and poured a whole bottle of Mister Plumber down the drain at intervals and plunged and plunged again. So much so....that the plunger broke...it too was old, it came with the house as did the dryer. So yesterday, I went to the Hardware store and got a new plunger...this is a real dandy, it's purple and plunges really good with much more power. Yep, got my drain unplugged, the dishes done and the water goes down the drain. Hooray!!!!

Well, I hope that is enough trials and tribulations to last me for the month all came in one week....the dryer, the drain and JP's tooth....enough already!!! You all have a great St. Patrick's Day, careful not to drink to much green beer....keep looking up.....better days are coming sooner then we think!!! Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH! You have had quite a time of it with the dryer and the drain! Must be the D days, huh?

Well, you KNOW how much I love your cards and treasure every one you have ever sent to me. I am blessed to be on your 'list'.

I hope you get a refund, Louise and that it goes a long ways towards doing what you want to do AND I hope the old boy hasn't been moaning and complaining the whole time since he got his tooth pulled.

Love to you- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana...Happy St Patrick's Day to ya....Well, good news I found a dryer, a Maytag for half the price of a new one, it's right in our budget. So as soon as our refund comes, I can get my machine. The plumming is working in the kitchen sink thanks to Mister Plummer and Master Plunger and my constant plunging.

JP's moans and complaining still continue. Never ending, till we get to heaven!!!

Have a great day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails