Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Good Deal Today

Hi there everyone. The first 7 days of March have been busy and snowy....but, it's still winter. Spring starts March 20th....so we have 13 days to go...yep and when Daylight savings starts, the days will be longer and we are on our way to SPRING!!!!

Today I got a good deal!!! All these stamps for $6.00!!! Some of the stamps still had their original price on the side. I estimated there are $125.00 worth of stamps...give or take a few dollars. I estimated on the low end. House Mouse stamps alone are $8-10. The "deep sea" stamps (in the left)were $10.00 originally, I paid $1.00.
I like the kid stamps. Will be perfect for making cards for the nieces and nephews. 
Will be fun to see what kind of cards I come up with.

We got our income tax done and taken to the accountant....so now we wait to see if we are getting anything back. We usually do get a refund from both Wisconsin and the Federal. Last year I had to buy a stove. This year....we will have to invest in a dryer. I think the bearing is going out on this one. The dryer came with the house when we bought it almost 27 years ago. It's the last appliance to be replaced in the house.

I was hoping to be able to spend $50....guess that is out of the question. $50 is doable if we have to invest now.

I checked out the pre-owned appliance store....dryers were going for $250-$300, not including delivery. UGE....I wonder, might as well invest in a new dryer. Will have to check out VanVerde's for a new one. To have the old dryer fixed might cost around $200, if not more. Well, I have another place I want to check out, it's where we got our used washing machine. 

Hopefully we can limp along with this dryer until we get the money to get another dryer. It's all in the timing I guess. God knows our needs. Maybe I will invest in a little rack to air dry clothes for the time being. There is always something to occupy our time.

Well, time to close, JP will be home in about an hour and half. Still have to figure out what to make for dinner. You all have a good evening and keep looking up....better days are coming, sooner then we think. Cheers ~ Louise


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails