Friday, December 29, 2017

Prime Rib Roast for Christmas Day

Hi there everyone. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed your day with or without family and friends around you. Ours was very quiet, JP and I and Kylie.....we like it like that though, so I am not complaining. 

Christmas Eve, we missed Church because our car was leaking antifreeze....way too much. So we stayed home and had church on TV. We like Jimmy Swaggart Ministries and there is church every Sunday, Sunday Evening and Wednesday. If you ever want to check out the services, go to www.jsm.org Swaggart Ministries is on 24/7.

Christmas Eve, I was wrapping a few gifts to put under the tree....I am still a child at heart and like to have a few presents under the tree. Christmas day we had breakfast, an egg and sausage casserole, which was yummy. Then we opened presents, JP got a pair of work pants, a bottle of Mystery Marvel Oil, a neck pillow, a can of pop-corn, a promise ticket for a new pair of shoes and six dollars in quarter for apple juice at work. I got a Chicago Blackhawk beanie hat, a large blue Pyrex watercolor casserole dish, (you can see part of the dish in the 3 pictures I cooked the roast in). I too, got a promise ticket for a new spring-form pan for cheese cake and a few other recipes I have found using a spring-form pan.
So here you see, my plate of goodness....can you see how juicy the meat looks, gosh it was delicious. Potatoes, asparagus, the meat and gravy. Salad and relish tray.

Here I have the meat sitting in my new blue Watercolor Pyrex dish. I let it sit on the counter for about 45 minutes so it got to room temperature. Will cook more evenly and the meat won't be tough.
Here is the meat covered in the spread of: 7 cloves of garlic minced, 1 cup of butter (I used 1/2 cup), 1 T. rosemary, 1 T thyme, 1 T pepper and 1 T salt. (double spices if your roast is bigger) Mix altogether and spread over the roast and on the sides and bottom. Bake 500 degrees for 5 minutes per lb. then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the oven for 2 hours.....do not peek. 
Here is the Prime Rib roast all cooked up. It wasn't quite done here. (I heard the meat still mooing) So I stuck it back in the oven for another 10 minutes at 450 degrees, took it out and let it rest for 15 minutes....Yup....a perfect cooked piece of meat. No mooing was heard.
I cooked up some potatoes, thinking I would do mashed potatoes. But changed my mind and fried them, some oil and salt was all I used.
JP's plate of goodness. As you can see, he was already cutting his meat into chunks, he didn't put his vegies on the plate.....FIRST the meat and potatoes!!!

So there you have it....our Christmas dinner. We were blessed with this meal, as JP received money from the people he works for. That was so nice of them. I sent them a Thank You card.

Time to close this post....maybe one more for this year on Sunday, the 31st. Until then, have a great day and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

My hubby loved prime rib---it was his favorite but he can't chew beef anymore. It is too stringy for his throat.
Your meal looks really good, Louise, and it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Love to you and Happy New Year. xo Diana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails