Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Day is Right Around the Corner

Hi there everyone......whoever you are???? Are you ready for the big day???? I guess I am....I owe a few cards to people I did not send to, I will make some "Happy New Year" cards for them. Have a few gifts to wrap for JP and myself. But I can do that tomorrow....no rush!

JP received some money as a Christmas gift from the people he works with....that was a pleasant surprise. SO.....I was able to buy a 4lb Boneless Rib Roast (prime rib). I am so looking forward to making that on Christmas. I will take pictures and tell you how I made it.....very simple directions. The roast will cook in the oven at 500 degrees for 5-7 minutes then rest for two hours with the oven off. Guess it depends if I want it medium or rare. I'd like it pink.....but not mooing!!!

Made some "Peanut Brittle" and "Healthy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars" tonight. There's a lot of sugar involved in these recipes. Here's a picture of the Brittle. No picture of the "Healthy No Bake Crunch Bars"
 The Peanut Brittle wasn't too hard to make. It's made in the microwave, poured on a cookie sheet, cooled and broken into pieces. Was fun to make. Going to give some to the Pastor tomorrow along with some Healthy Crunch Bars. He's a truck driver, so he likes lots of goodies in his lunch box. As does JP when he is at work.
 I made this Apple Pie a couple of days ago.....there is only one piece left....pies don't last long around here.
 Thought I would show you my little village. I added three new things to it this year. The background, the 2 new fences and if you can see it, a snowman water tower to the right of the church. I usually leave my village up till mid-January. It takes me all day to put it up and then all day to take it down. Below the village, is my manger scene....that's about 30 years old now.
Here's my little Christmas tree. I added some purple sparkly feathers....got them at Walmart. I think I will try and get some more, hopefully there will be some left for 50% off. I probably will leave my tree up till Valentine's Day....make it all red, lights, ornaments, beads and of course the elf stays. I usually put it in the corner, where my village sits right now.

Well, I guess I'll close here. Bad news, The Green Bay Packers lost 13 to 0 and the Chicago Blackhawks lost 4-1. Not a good night for both teams. So keep looking up, better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

12 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Thank you for the lovely Christmas card, Louise. It is so pretty. I hope you and JP have a wonderful Christmas and a very healthy, happy new year.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

What a fun collection of things for the village, the manger and the tree. I love that you leave some "stuff" up until even Valentine's Day. I had a friend once who loved Christmas so much that she took the smallest closet in her home and left a tree and manger set up inside all year long! It had folding/bifold doors and she'd open them and light it all up when she needed a 'lift'...Have a peace-filled Christmas, my cyber-friend...Hugs.

Susie said...

Louise, Your food for the holidays looks good. I like the village.Wishing you and your husband a Merry Christmas and a New Year of good health and happiness. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Louise- Thank you for the gorgeous card you sent me. I save any cards that you have sent and display them...usually in a tree the next year. You do a beautiful job on them. I love your village. I gave mine to the kids a few years ago when we were downsizing. I always loved seeing it glow at night with the little buildings all lit.
Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and enjoy that prime rib. That was always my hubby's favorite. xo Diana

Pam said...

I love peanut brittle....looks yummy there. Everything looks great.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise
pretty tree :)
and the food looks so good.
We had a nice dinner and Christmas with our family..
Nice to have it over with and back to normal life..looking
for a craft project..my friend made some darlibg
gnomes sge saw on youtube..might try those.
Hugs for now,patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....you are welcome. Hope your 2018 finds you healthy and happy!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Evelyn.....Yes, I like the lights....sometimes hard to take the tree down. The village will be coming down in two weeks....I turn the lights on, probably by January, I will be tired of turning the lights on. You have a healthy and happy New Year. I do enjoy reading your blog.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....thanks for stopping by. Food was delicious and I like the village too. It's coming down in January...by then I am tired of it. Hope you have a great, healthy and happy 2018!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana.....you are welcome on the card. I am glad you like them and display them on your tree....that's cool. The prime rib was delicious....will be a regular on Christmas again and maybe for our birthdays too. Hope you have a wonderful 2018 faithful lady!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Pam.....thanks on the brittle, yes it was yummy. Thanks for stopping by.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty.....Glad you had a nice Christmas and in your new cabin in the woods....ours was quiet, but food was delicious!! Can hardly wait to see your new gnome projects. Hope you have a wonderful 2018 with much health and happiness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails