Thursday, December 21, 2017

4 More Days!!!

Hi there everyone. Hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season. It's 4 more days till the big day!!! I am mostly done with everything. There's a few things I want to get. JP needs a new pair of shoes for work. But I need him to come with me to the store to try them on and buy them. He is not one for shopping. So after Christmas, and the big rush to return things is over, we'll go find him another pair of shoes for work.

I want to get a "Spring-form" pan.....so I guess that will happen after Christmas too. I am looking forward to making a few things in it, like a CHEESECAKE!!! I have an apple cake recipe that uses the spring-form pan, so I am looking forward to getting this pan.

In the picture below, is what I bought for ME....a Chicago Blackhawk beanie hat. I will wrap it and tag it from JP and Kylie. Their shopping is done!!!
This will keep my head warm during the winter months. My summer hat will be another Chicago Blackhawk hat also. Maybe something like this. 
Or maybe this one, I like that gold Chicago Blackhawk....pretty! Maybe I shall have to invest in both of them?

By the time summer comes, my hair will be long and I can wear a pony tail and stick it through the back of the hat. That was my style this past summer....was fine with me....a very easy style to take care of.

JP is also getting a large tin of pop-corn. He also wanted $$$ to buy apple juice at work, so I will give him a bunch of quarters to use for the machine so he can get "his apple juice addiction." Oh and I bought him a bottle of "Miracle Marvel Oil" for the car. He will be happy with that.

I want to make a special meal for Christmas....but I have to wait to see if we have enough money after paying bills. Maybe Sunday after church we will stop at Festival foods and buy a "Boneless Rib Roast" I saw a recipe on Facebook that made my mouth water.....I want to make it for Christmas!!! I told JP that the menu for Christmas will be prime rib, asparagus, maybe corn, and potatoes and some kind of dessert. BUT....it depends on how much money is in the check book. If not enough, we'll have to get a cheap steak (poor us) and mushrooms. Actually, that sounds good too.

I am making an apple pie tonight....I doubt it will last till Christmas...I guess by then, if it did last, it would be pretty old by then. My pies don't get very old when JP lives in the house!!!!

I am starting to make cards for Hospice, I have till January 26th before our next meeting. Least I can take my time to make them and not be rushed. I found a new technique using coffee filters. It's called "Tie-dye" using brushes or stamps. I saw a couple of different ways to do this....it should be fun trying to make and duplicate the technique.

So, I guess it is time to close here....no telling when I will be back. If I don't come back before Christmas....Let me just wish you a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your family and friends. Remember too, that we are celebrating Jesus's birth.....JESUS is the reason for this season. Have a great time and keep looking up....better days are coming!! Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails