Monday, April 15, 2013

Baked Oatmeal, Wolves and Ice

Hi everyone.........how's your day going??? We had a fun weekend, went to an Antique Show at the Tri-County Ice Rink, so much old stuff and sooooo much jewelery!!! I did end up buying an old ring for $12, fit me good on Saturday but now today, it flops around, should have gone with a smaller size. Oh well, it will fit again on another day.
The above picture is "'Baked Oatmeal with fruit" which I made Saturday night for Sunday morning. Needless to say it did not last for Sunday Morning, half of it was gone. I was going through my recipes and found this one, still having some bananas on the counter, was a good excuse to use them up. Here is the recipe:
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or I used almonds
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooked slightly
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen), divided (I used strawberries and blueberries)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, half of the nuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a fork to combine. In a liquid measuring cup, combine the maple syrup, milk, egg, butter and vanilla. spread the sliced bananas in a single layer over the bottom of the baking dish. Top with half the berries. Sprinkle the dry oat mixture over the fruit in an even layer. Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining nuts and berries over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is browned and the oats have set. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. 
In this picture you are seeing my freshly made "Wolf" cards. I really like th is wolf, I borrowed it from a friend, so had to stamp lots of wolves so I could have lots of wolf cards. These cards will be in my Etsy store today or tomorrow. I will be selling them for $11.00 a set. Otherwise the cards would sell for $3.00 a piece. The inside of the cards are stamped with Happy Birthday and Thinking of you.
Here is a close up, I like the diamond cuts and sewing lines adds a little something to all the cards.
Another picture of the ice that caused so much trouble on April 10th. Our electric went out for 7 hours and when it came back on I was not able to go on the internet........had to have an upgrade via AT&T. All in all, it turned out okay. I guess the one thing I notice the most is how much I depend on Electric and most certainly take it for granted.  What, oh what will we do when the electric goes out for good, like in the TV show "Revolution"????

Well for the last hour and half I have been watching the news.....The Boston Marathon was running and two explosions took place at the finish line as the runners were coming to the end.....2 people dead and 23 wounded. They don't know if it was bombs, but it might be what it was. How sad. This will be news for quite a few days. I know a lady that was going to run the Boston Marathon but decided to go to California for the marathon out there.....I think God directed her steps for sure. She could have been in Boston and got hurt. How Great is God to care for even the little things in our lives!!!!

Well, time to close and go make JP his lunch and dinner as he is getting ready to go to work. I need to get dressed as I still have my robe on while typing this blog. So you all take care and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may give your version of baked oatmeal a try, I didn't care for the one I made - the texture was just. . . off?

So sad about the Boston Marathon - it's just horrible.

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails