Sunday, June 5, 2022

Hello?? Anyone There????

Hi there everyone. I know, I know, it has been awhile...like January 7th that I last blogged??? I have no excuses, just trying to live life without Jay and wonder what my next step is and still try to keep sane in an insane world!!!

In the above picture, those are my Lilly of the Valleys, always pick and bring them in for a touch of spring in the kitchen to look at whilst I do the dishes. And even though JP is not here, for some reason I "still" have many dishes to do???? But eventually they do get done, in phases.

I have been doing some cards here and there. Still make cards for Heartland Hospice along with a few other ladies. The last couple of months we have been able to meet together, otherwise we were following "Covid 19 Protocol" and not meeting or just dropping cards off at a place and they were picked up by the Card Coordinator.

The cards above were from a "Stamping Up" kit from 2017. It was a fun kit, apples, strawberries and blueberry cards. I still have some checked background left over so I can make more cards like this. 

The card below is a die I have had for years....makes for a very pretty card. I can't remember how I made the colored background. Experimental ideas using different techniques that get stuffed in a box and forgotten about. This is going to be my challenge this summer...take old dies and stamped images and turn them into cards. I really have a lot of stuff. AND, 3 months to make cards for Hospice meeting September 2nd. I have a feeling that time will go FAST!!!! 

Below are my Irises that grow in the front yard. It was so windy the last couple of days that the poor flowers blew over. So, I cut them down and brought them in to enjoy for a few days. I have so much to do around this house. The neighbor next store cuts the grass in the front of the house. During the winter he was shoveling the snow. I will tend to the backyard with my manual push mower....I can handle that. If I do a little bit each day, I may catch up, by that time it will be fall.
I am going to make a few more of these cards, so pretty and they can be any kind of card I want them to be. The one below is a sympathy card. I am going to use a Thank you card like this for the main post picture. You should see it in the next day or so.
So my life has been up in the air for the last 10 months since Jay's death. I have not been able to handle being a "widow" that still sounds foreign to me. I have been told not to make any big decisions for at least 1 year. After that, not sure where I am going. What with the way this world is going, do any of us know where we are headed?? I only know, through this all, my faith in Jesus Christ and Him Crucified is the only way to go...there is much comfort in knowing him as Lord and Savior of my Life. I think I am learning how to depend on Him and Him alone...which is where He wants us all to be. 

That being said, I shall close here. Hopefully I can keep up with this blog and add new cards maybe once a week. I have moved my stamping space from the basement to Jay's old room. So it is handy just to walk in, sit down and make a few cards. Works for me and I don't have to climb stairs.

You all take care and take JESUS!!! ~ Louise
 

6 comments:

Biz said...

Hi Louise! It's good to hear from you.

Yes, the word "widow" is hard to accept, but after time, this new chapter just begins your new life and it becomes more normal.

In December this year my husband will have passed away 8 years already - how crazy is that?

Sending hugs!

Biz

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz. Yeah, took me awhile to feel like I wanted to blog. I am still waiting to begin my new life....so far it "sucks"!!! Too many hoops to jump through. 8 years, hard to believe. But you have accomplished a lot in those 8 years!!! I am in the misdt of down sizing...not a fun job and I may have to move at some point. Thanks for stopping by.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

PS Biz, just lovin' my air fryer!!!

FairyLaceAndMore said...

Dear Louise! You are an infinitely kind and strong lady. I cannot find words that could comfort you better than Faith in God. Please accept my tender hugs, prayers and love. I always pray for you.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi FairyLace thank you for stopping by. Your words are encouraging and nice to know someone is praying for me. Sometimes I do not feel very strong or infinitely kind. Guess that is where God comes in, He is our strength and infinite kindness to us.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi FairyLace thank you for stopping by. Your words are encouraging and nice to know someone is praying for me. Sometimes I do not feel very strong or infinitely kind. Guess that is where God comes in, He is our strength and infinite kindness to us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails