Tuesday, April 21, 2020

How Are You All Doing???

Hi there everybody....how are you all doing??? How is this quarantine treating you??? I think I have gained a few pounds....although I have not jumped on the scale for 21 days....not sure I want to for fear of seeing a gain of too many pounds. 

As you can see, this is going to be a food blog today. Been cooking up a storm this month. The spaghetti recipe below was really fun to make and delicious. "One-Pot Spaghetti" 

2 Tbsp. butter or veggie oil
1 lb. ground beef (I added one small chopped onion and 6 sliced mushrooms)
1 - 1 1/2 oz, envelope Spaghetti sauce mix
1 tsp. salt
1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
6 c. wter
1 - 8 oz. package spaghetti

Melt butter in a dutch oven over moderately low heat. Add meat; cook and stir over moderate heat until brown and crumbly. I cooked the onions and mushrooms with the meat. Add spaghetti sauce mix, salt and tomato paste and blend well. Add water and bring sauce to a rolling boil over moderate heat. Add spaghettis, boil gently, uncovered 10 minutes, or until spaghetti is tender and sauce is thick, Stirring occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4

With the spaghetti is some home made bread, toasted, and garlic spread topping it....mmmmmmm!!
Not sure if the bread in this picture is the garlic toast in the top picture.....may not be. Been making so much bread lately, I am losing track. The buns in the back became hamburger buns....gosh those were good hamburgers. This loaf of bread did not last too long....don't want it to get too old. Makes good toast with peanut butter on it.

I made a "sourdough starter" on Saturday....so now I have been making sourdough bread, buns, and waffles today....so good. Will have to do something sourdoughy tomorrow. I found a web-site that has 75 sourdough recipes....so I am all set to use my starter for quite awhile. 
Above is a chocolate cake I made on Easter Sunday.....nothing special....just a packaged cake mix with peanut butter frosting topped with crushed walnuts and sprinkles. It's all gone now. 
Made this apple pie on the 3rd of April....my favorite way to make....with the crumbly top. Along with that pie was some banana fudge ice cream....yummmmmm!!!
Made this scrumptious pizza pie along with the apple pie.....another pizza winner!!!
In the bottom picture is "Cheesy Rice" This was a good recipe...it did not last long. As JP gobbled it all down. It was soft and easy for him to chew and eat. 
I guess out of boredom I have been cooking more, looking up recipes that I have never tried and it can't be spicy or hard to chew, as JP has a set of bad teeth that all need to be pulled. One of these days out ship will come in and we will be able to take care of his teeth.

So according to my calender, I have been making a lot of things...Apple pie, pizza pie, Bean soup and British beans(that was good), cup cakes, focacsa bread, a loaf of bread and buns, cole slaw, fried cabbage and more bread. More beans and green pea soup more bread and sourdough starter. Sourdough bread and waffles. Someone need some sourdough starter???? I just hope I can keep up with this starter. Maybe after about a week I will be able to keep it in the fridge which might slow down the growth some.

Well, now that I have made you very, very hungry, I should close here. It's been a busy month for cooking....but we don't order out for food and I am just used to cooking at home. You all have a great rest of the month and keep looking up....better days are coming and we will no longer be under house arrest!!!! Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL-Well, now I am drooling over my keyboard, Louise. Looks like you are a good cook and good baker. I need to start making some bread. Nothing like homemade bread, is there? xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....thanks for stopping by. Yeah, been having fun with my sourdough starter...make something just about every day. I think I need to put the starter in the fridge and take a week off from baking...lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails