Thursday, April 2, 2020

HA! Made a List of "TO DO" Things this Morning

Hi there everyone....hope your quarantine time is going well. Life has surely changed, not sure if it is for the good. I guess we all will find out eventually. 

Going shopping sure has been a challenge, especially this past Tuesday. Went into the store to get my diabetes strips and a few groceries....still no toilet paper, so I got paper towels (we are limited to ONE paper product). We personally are out of toilet paper so we have been using Kleenex….works well. So many of the shelves were bare....sure is scary to see this. The store does seem to keep the junk food and soda aisle well stocked though.  

Anyways, I left the store to go to my car, started it up and noticed the brake peddle went down to the floor.....oh my, how am I going to get home. Well, I figured I would go slow and pump the brakes 3-4 times till the car came to the stop lights. I did pray to God to get me home safe and give me green lights all the way home. Thank God only one light was red and by the time I got to it, it turned green....Thank you Jesus!!!! I got home safe. The car is parked right now, can't go anyplace anyways....hopefully the car will get fixed sometime this month.

JP was laid off his job last week, so he has no place to go either. We will get by with God's help!!! I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Biz right here. May God Bless you abundantly today and always. 
So I made a list early this morning of "to do" things to accomplish TODAY. 14 things to accomplish and 2 things done so far. (doing this blog....was NOT on the list.) Here are some of the projects, make an apple pie, make a seasoning (perhaps I will give you the recipe in this blog at the end), make thank you and thinking of you cards, wipe floor, do dishes, straighten my stamp area, make Hospice cards, clean the garage and basement, change the sheets to name just a few......uuummmmm not sure I will get to all those things. Why do I have so much to do???? No time for me to be board, that is for sure.
One of the other things was "walk the grounds and see what is growing" It seems we are going to have an early spring and there is a lot of work to be done outside. I shall have to take some pictures, but I am sure they will look really dreary.




See the poor little baby on the right....that's me. The hard part about this coronavirus is NO HOCKEY.....actually all sports have been cancelled. The Olympics have been cancelled till next year. I don't know, I can't help but think that there something more to this whole thing that we are not being told....something very, very political and corrupt!! But that probably is just me, but something just doesn't seem right.

The Easter card below is one I am going to try to make today....looks simple enough. I have the die for the cross, I don't know, looks like that circle is felt or something and I am sure I have a dove die, will have to look for one. Should be easy and fun. I really need to get back to card making, sloughing off. Too many other things taking up my time. OOOO can you imagine...I FINALLY took my Christmas village down!!! I really enjoyed turning the lights on every night....but when I looked at the calendar it was going on APRIL....LOUISE it is time to take Christmas down.....I said. My gosh, talk about procrastination!!!!
Well, I guess I will close here and get going on one of these other things "to do". Oh wait, I said I would give you the recipe for the seasoning I made today. Here it is "Best Burger and Fry Seasoning" this seasoning is so good on burgers, fries, chicken, fish, pork and sheet pan vegies. This is a double batch and you can half it down if you like. (I doubled it today cause I use it so much)
1 Tbsp. Basil, 2 Tbsp. Garlic powder, 1 Tbsp. Parsley, 1 tsp. Celery salt, 2 tsp. Chili powder, 2 Tbsp. Garlic salt, 4 Tbsp. Paprika, 1 Tbsp. Cumin, 1 Tbsp. Pepper, 1/2 cup Salt. Mix all together in a mason jar and shake to mix well. To use, sprinkle with your fingers or a spoon. I love this stuff.

Well you all take care of yourselves and keep looking up, better days are coming. It's SPRING, be HAPPY!!!! Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I love your posts. Keeping you and your car in my heart and prayers for easy fix and soon. Maybe that stimulus money? FIRST OF ALL, keep in mind that both kleenex and paper towels are NOT made to biodegrade and/or break down easily in the toilet water. So be very sparing if you must do that... just to let you know. Have you thought of ordering TP to be delivered by Walmart or Smiths or whoever you have there? I had to do that with 2 jugs of litter for my fat cat... couldn't find the one we use on the shelves. Hated paying shipping but it is what it is... anyhow, their warehouses are stocked - it's just the shelves are bare because of the hoarders... (sigh)... Hugs and stay well.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Evelyn.....glad you are getting my blogs. This life style sure is weird....yeah, hope that stimulus $$$ comes through and it is not one of those promises that never pans out. Never did get that $250 stimulus that Obama had promised.

No we don't put the Kleenex down the toilet, throw it in the garbage can next to the toilet, paper towels are for kitchen use. Toilet plugs up a lot so once a week we plunge it.

No never thought to order on line. A Blog friend told me about "instacart" I will have to check that out. She has already asked for my food list.

Tell me your blog address, for some reason I can seem to get to your blogs and get an error and it goes back to

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I don't do anything like Instacart - I just ordered the litter from Walmart online, and some litter pans from Petsmart online... easy enough for me..

Happy about how you are using your paper products... you're a smart kid!

My blog is supposed to be at: https://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com/ If it doesn't work, try it without the https:// until you get in... hope it works for you... I'm not getting a lot of views and I suspect when they changed some settings a while back because of international laws of some sort, I lost some folks.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh thanks for your address. I didn't finish my comment to you and wanted to see what was actually happening....and SURPRISE I got to your blog. I will check to see if I even have your address right on my side. Maybe that was a problem.

The Lord's prayer....pray that every night. Then God stops me a different parts and meditate on it.....there IS something very calming. Course we are quoting scripture back to God.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I agree about the soothing effect of the Lord's Prayer - after all, God's own Son taught us how to pray to the Father in that prayer... I love it... and I, too, meditate on various lines in that prayer... helps me to stay focused, it really does...

So happy you got to the blog... although I've been a little lax lately about posting (sigh)... LOL

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Amen.....sometimes hard to fall asleep, say the prayer and ZAP fall asleep in no time :)
Going to your blog and read a few more....thanks again for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails