Thursday, June 21, 2018

Secret Stamper Images Pt. 2

Hi there everyone....how's life by you? Well, here we are the first day of Summer!!! Hip-hip-hoo-ray!!! The weather is lovely today, I like it when the weather is in the 70's....so comfortable.

So in my last post I said, I would continue my secret stamper images in 3-4 days....today is day 4 so I thought I better get my rear in gear and do what I said I would do.....(gosh there sure are a lot of "I's" in that last sentence.....6 I's!!! 

November....Tis Thanksgiving of course. I sent the turkey, my card is on the right, secret stamper card is on the left. My background is a napkin....one of my favorite ways of making a card. Glue card stock with a glue stick then layer the card stock with a single layer of the napkin and smooth it out like you would with wallpaper. Makes for a nice effect. I have quite a collection of napkins for every season just about.
December......I sent the green wreath...my card is on the right and secret stamper is on the left. I am always amazed at how the secret stamper comes up with a completely different idea....always fun to see.
In January, I sent the spider holding a heart, thinking in advance for Valentine's Day of course. I liked her little verse. "Your friendship lifts my heart!"
February, I was thinking ahead to Easter with my card on the right and secret stamper on the left. I sent the background. She came up with a great idea for sure.
For March, I sent the green frog. I love this card..."I am hiding, can you find me?" The frog was a digital off the Internet. I cut him out then layered him, cutting his leg and eyes out, then layered him on some succulent patterned paper. My card is on the right, her card is on the left. 
April was the Dragonflies. I had a bunch of these dragonflies colored in, so I thought it would be fun to see what the secret stamper would come up with. My card is on the right, hers on the left.
So there you have it....we have started a new session already....May and June with July coming up. I better start thinking about what I will send to my secret stamper for July. Something summery, I am sure!!!

If you have noticed on my blog....I have not added any more cards to my Etsy store. The items that are still in the store all expire in September. After that, I will be closing my store. I will have been on Etsy 10 1/2 years and only had 67 items sold. I have decided, it's not worth it for me anymore. Everything is for a season, and I guess my season on Etsy has passed. Etsy is also making a few changes and I guess I just don't feel like jumping through the hoops with more learning curves....nope, not no more. That's okay, I was never much of a good entrepreneur. I have tried many times to sell things. I have made cards, crafts, etc. grown vegies and sold eggs, or sold for someone else (ie. Mason Shoes, Herbalife). Guess I am just not a good salesperson. So, I guess for now on...I will just donate or give away.....that's what people like much better, everything for free. Maybe I have been dealing with a bunch of liberals and didn't realize it. Now a days….you just don't know.

On that note, I will close this post for today. Stay tuned, next post will be either about my little garden or the cards we made at Betty's. Talk later, have a great evening and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so thrilled you used the spider and dragonfly on your cards. I have that set and now I have new inspiration. Thanks for the ideas. I think closing your store may lead you in a new direction, you never know.I still have the cards you sent me several years ago and they were so well done. I loved the Garfield one so much. Enjoy your garden and your secret pal group.

Jill said...

Your work is very lovely! I heard Etsy was making a lot of changes too. Perhaps you could sell from your blog? Or even create a webpage? Don't make a decision just yet.... you never know how things can change, hang in there! Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Jill

Connie said...

These cards are so pretty and what I enjoy is seeing the same stamp used in different ways. I know that the number of ways to use a stamp is endless, but it's nice see them together like that. The way you used the napkin is very impressive, too. I had never thought of that.
Happy card making and happy summer,
Connie :)

MaryH said...

What great looks you've created for your Secret Stamper. I thought the spider valentine was so unusual and cute. My DH likes frogs, so that one grabbed my eye too. Absolutely loved the delicate & elegant butterfly cards. I enjoyed seeing your S.Stamper card alongside the one you did! You are making someone very happy with these cards. (I had heard the Candy Cane legend, but - alas - I had forgotten. So Google to the rescue. I remembered the J part, but not the rest! Thanks for reminding me about that. ) TFS & Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails