Thursday, May 24, 2018

Talking About Cheese Cake and Blue Apron Dinners

Hi there everyone...how you all doing this fine day. I should be outside pulling weeds.....but....I am dreaming about cheese cakes!!! I have had this post in a draft for over a month or more. Thought I would bring it up and drool a little bit today. I finally bought myself a (promised at Christmas) spring form pan. I had a couple, but they were rusted and old, inherited from JP's mother and grandmother. I decided to sell them, some lady bought them....months later I saw them in her garbage, they were moving.

I have been wanting to make a cheese cake for a very long time, checked out many, many recipes, till I found this one, which was easy and to the point. My graham cracker crust was VERY thick, which JP liked. As you can see, I had a few crumbs left over and sprinkled them on top of the finished cake.
This is my first "real" Cheese Cake, I shall have to make another one, as the spring form pan sits in the dinning room on a desk, for me to look at every day, if I put it away, I will forget about it. This way, I see it everyday and it reminds me to make another cheese cake. I have seen some recipes using the spring form pan....shall have to try them all someday.....sometimes, someday never comes....right?
A slice of heaven in one bite! Yes....this was! So good, plain and of course embellished with strawberries and  Cool Whip!!! No calories.....right?!?!?
Below are some meals I made from Blue Apron. Sorry to say, I have cancelled my subscription to Blue Apron. They were great and I really enjoyed them.....but to keep JP happy I had to eliminate spicy seasonings....like below, radishes were spicy....so no radishes on his Ginger Pork Burgers with Black Bean Mayo and Roasted Broccoli. Ginger makes things spicy too, so eliminating those two things kind of defeats the taste of what the burgers were supposed to taste like. This meal, by the way was delicious because for my burger, I kept the ginger and radishes in my burger.
Top Chef's Winner - Seared Steak and Mushroom Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.....now this was delicious.....really liked this recipe and will do it again...no spicy in this dish.
The next meal was Chicken Paillard and Olive-Raisin Sauce with Warm Fennel and Potato Salad. No spice here either. What was interesting about this meal, was working with the fennel bulb. Never worked with that before. Again the meal was delicious with no spice.
I had to think long and hard about cancelling my subscription, and had to think of all the pros and cons. The meat and vegetables were always fresh and if there was something missing from the box, all I had to do was contact them that an item was missing and they would give me credit for the next meal which would be FREE!!!

Blue Apron is a good company to deal with. Never had a problem with them. Don't know about the other companies that offer meals. But I think just for now I will stick with the basics for JP, meat and potatoes and fruit. Simple, simple and more simple.

I found too, that being on the Keto/Atkins diet, Blue Apron was not conducive to those diet needs. Too much salt and carbs are added to the delicious meals. So that was another reason to cancel. Blue Apron said they were sorry to see me go and if I ever had a change of heart, I could come back. I guess, no change of heart is in the future for me at this point.

Well, time to close, I guess my weeds are calling my name as are my cards in the basement....yeah, there is always SOMETHING that calls my name. "Hey Stupid" (my step-father always called me a "stupid idiot" so I am used to that name.)

Talk later....I shall have more cards for you from Betty's class last Wednesday. Keep looking up....better days are coming soon and very soon. Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I have done the Dr. Atkins' diet....it was the best I ever felt and I lost 30 pounds on it. Of course I was exercise everyday also. Your cheesecake is so yummy looking. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

FairyLaceAndMore said...

It looks incredibly delicious!

Brenda in IN said...

The meals sound so good but so does meat, potatoes and fruit. I have fruit at a meal every day. Can't wait to see the cards you make at Betty's. Have a nice Memorial weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails