Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beautiful Day and Made Some Scones

Hi there everyone, hope you all had a wonderful Saturday....my goodness, the weather was just perfect today, here in Wisconsin, at least in our neck of the woods. Really did not accomplish anything except take a day off and just enjoy the front porch and back yard. Watered my porch plants and fertilized. Then we brought the glider chair to the porch so I took a small snooze while listening to the radio. Oh, and I got my little fountain going on the porch. It was so quiet on this block...couldn't even hear any kids screaming. They must all be up at Bay Beach in Green Bay.

So JP and I took a walk down to "Kylie's Park" with Kylie...she was in all her glory, taking mommy and daddy for a walk and showing us what she enjoys the most. We came home and got the grill going for steak, vegies and toast. About a half hour later we went to Tom's Drive in and Kylie got a baby ice cream cone and we had hot fudge sundaes. So yeah....it was a really nice day. Now here I am doing my blog....day is done, gone the sun....(sniff)...Saturday's just never last long enough.

So this past week I made some scones. Been wanting to try making them and finally did. I bought this packaged mix from the "free market" and organic food store. It was pretty much fun to make and I probably will do it again.

Can you read the instructions?? Was not thinking and threw the packaging out: Lets see....
1 bag Pamela's biscuit mix                 1 cup milk or almond milk
1/2 cup sugar                                      1/2 cup blueberries or raisins
8 Tbsp butter                                       sprinkle with ground up nuts.
Mix together mix and sugar, then add butter, then milk and fruit. Will be sticky, lay out on parchment paper and cut in small wedges. Bake at 375 degrees on parchment paper for 20 minutes.
Here they are all baked and cooling on a rack. I used dried cranberries and a few fresh and frozen blueberries. Hence, the different colors.
Here is the second group of scones being popped into the oven........they were so crunchy and good when dipped in hot coffee. Yes, I shall do this again.

Time to close this blog and head over to my other blog at: cards4ubylouise.wordpress.com  Not sure what I will blog about....it will be a surprise!!! Have a great day and keep looking up. Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

Connie said...

Those look so good!
While you were baking scones, I was baking muffins :) Great minds think a like.
Have a wonderful week.
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails