Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Creations and the Elections

My newest addition to my creations. A frosted etched glass dish. Picked this dish up along with 8 other dishes at a rummage sale. My first thought was to break the dishes and turn them into stepping stones. (I still may do that with a few dishes next summer) For now, they will be.....maybe....large candle holders or a serving dish for _______, fill in the blank. The snowflake was made with my Cricut cutter, cut the snowflake on vinyl then put it on the plate. This particular dish had 3 coats of etching goop applied to it. It was a lot of fun to make and most likely will make a few more.
My second creation is this cute little candle holder with snowflakes on all four sides. The snowflake is from a die-cut which was run through my cuttlebug. The etching goop was applied and left on for 15 minutes then washed off with cold water. I have 3 more to make and probably will put one in my Etsy shop in the next few days. Will also make a few for Christmas gifts. Will have to sell the candle holder for at least $10, as the light and candle holder alone were priced at $4.50. Have not found a place cheaper as yet, but will be looking around.

Also on my agenda is putting together a scrapbook for JP's Christmas present. 40 years ago, when JP was still in stock-cars and racing, I put together 2 scrapbooks in 1972 and 1973. Those books are falling apart now, so I thought it would be fun to put one together. I am hoping to get at least 3-4 pages done (maybe more) before Christmas.......as I get them done I will post them here. Bought this big blue photo album and extra pages for the smaller pictures and actually found some racing stickers and 12x12 racing paper. Should be fun. So far I have about $40 into this project. Hope JP likes the album and doesn't ask me "how much did it cost?"

Still working on my Christmas cards, better get going on them SOON, cause Christmas is right around the corner and I have at least 25-30 personal cards to make and also put some into my Etsy shop. As you can see I am just a little busy, craft wise. There is always something cooking on the stove in my home.....hahahahahaha!

Well, the elections are FINALLY over. I think I am "politics saturated" and ready for some R & R (rest and recuperation) from politics, although I still like listening to Rush Limbough, Sean Hannity and Mark Levine. I had hoped that Mitt Romney would have gotten elected but that was not the will of God...........He is in control of everything and that includes these elections. I don't really understand what it is we are to learn from this, but whatever it is...."All things work together for those that love God and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Well you all have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption is drawing nigh......getting closer everyday♥
Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails