Monday, April 16, 2018

Snow, Snow, Snow - April 13-16 - Yep, it's SPRING!!

Hi there everyone....how was YOUR weekend??? This was ours. Snow, snow, snow! I have never seen so much snow fall in one weekend. This was the 3rd worse snow storm in 130 years, 29inches is the record an we had about 22 inches not including the snowdrifts. I have never seen our car completely covered....unbelievable!!! This shot is from the back door.
The picture below is our car, picture was taken from out the kitchen window....where are the tires??
Our backyard from the kitchen window.....that's a lot of snow, guess I won't be working in the backyard this week!!
A shot of the street to the right of us. The city has been working to put in new water pipes....so there is quite the mess on Durkee St.
A shot of the street to the left of us. Towards Drew St.
A shot of our neighbor's truck from the front porch, covered with snow. He is in Florida enjoying the warm weather. I think he left at a good time!!! Except he usually does the drive way with his snow blower. Not this time. Yeah, we have a snow blower too....but it doesn't work. Why are we holding on to it????
Here is the neighbor's truck from the back door. The truck may be sitting there till the snow melts.
Another view of the snow from the back door......look at those drifts!!! JP had to dig out a spot for Kylie to do her business.
NO SITTING ON THIS!!! You will get a cold seat!!
Last but not least.......THIS is what things are supposed to look like.....might be awhile for this lovely view!!!

So there you have it.....Winter in Appleton, Wisconsin. April 13-16th....with more coming on Wednesday. BUT, it will be in the 50's this weekend!!! I really should be out there helping with the snow, but JP says no, it is heavy and could make my back worse. So I stay in the house and worry that the snow won't get shoveled for him to get out of the driveway. Maybe tomorrow. He is not going to make it to work today. I hope his supervisor understands.

You all have a great week, I have been working on some really neat cards, using the colorful foils...when I am done, I will put them up in my blog in a couple of days. Talk to you later and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

9 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I guess I will stop my whining..that is some snow for the middle of April. This is one long winter. I hope that snow melts soon but slowly so as not to flood. It did snow sideways all day here. Did not stick...hooray. I think the U.S. has had the worst whacky weather for two years now. So want to sit on the porch or take some walks. Bless, stay warm and safe. xoxo, Susie

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, you've got snow. My snow was so paltry compared to yours. Whew, that's a lot of snow you had. Be careful going out and shoveling. I wish winter would just go away. At least we have an indoor hobby to keep us busy. Take care.

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my! That's a lot of snow...especially for April!

MaryH said...

I enjoyed seeing your fabulous pictures & am so grateful it is in Wisconsin, NOT SC. Long years ago, worked with a lady from Wisconsin. She told me "The State has one day of summer, every year, on the 4th of July". I never knew for sure if she was kidding me or not! Talked with our Boston friend this morning...he had snow on Saturday too, but don't think it was the magnitude of what you have. It was lovely to see the snow pictures, then see the summer loveliness of the scene too. Hope you are able to stay cozy inside, and some kind neighbor will help with the snowblowing. TFS & Hugs

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie.......well by now all that snow is melted. Whew, so glad, it's sunny and in the 60's and people are driving like maniacs!!! April came and we thought for sure SPRING has sprung and WHAMMMM Snow and a lot of it too!!! Well, now we can plan for outside things to do...looking forward to sitting on my porch too.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....Yep...we got the snow. JP shoveled our half of the drive way. It took him 3 days to get the car out...snow was heavy and a lot of it. I tried to shovel a bit, gave up. Don't know how he did it himself.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill....thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog, you make lovely cards. Yes, that was a lot of snow!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Mary......My daughter lives in Myrtle Beach....she mentioned she was tired of the cold. Oh funny....I think there is more days that are pretty warm....your friend was kidding you for sure. We stayed warm and cozy though. One neighbor did the side walk and drive way apron. JP did most of our drive way. Took 3 days to get the car unstuck. Was a real mess!!! Our neighbor who has the snowblower was in Florida....most of his driveway is clear now...the sun has melted it all. Weather is in the 60's now....the snow will be gone in no time.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Those are some great photos. Wish we had the internet and digital cameras and quick uploading back when I went through those things back in Philly and NJ for 40 years! I do not envy you but I am very glad it isn't any worse... Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails