Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cooking Up a Storm

Hi there everyone.....let's see, it is now December 8th??? Where is the time going? Goodness, it has been a week since I last posted on my blog. Actually, I did start a post but never posted it. It's still sitting in my "draft file" so here you have a new post.

Guess I have been busy with cooking up a storm, making cards and decorating for Christmas has been taking up my time. Below was one of my Blue Apron meals from last week. "Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Browned Butter-Grape Sauce & Farro" Yep, this was one of those keepers. Never cooked grapes before and they were delish. Butter was melted and browned then the grapes added with shallots and rosemary and the juice of a lemon, salt and pepper added to taste. This was poured over the roasted cauliflower
Here is a closer look of the dish, the cooked farro was added to the arugula and lemon zest, drizzled with oil and tossed with salt and pepper.
Yesterday I made this stew....McCormick's Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast with beef, mushrooms, onions, potatoes and carrots. Cooked for 7 hours.
In this picture is the result......oh my, the meat was so tender. I would give this a #10 on the meter scale of comfort food. And so tasty too. There will be a couple of meals here....so we'll eat well for a few days.
Tonight I finished putting up the Christmas decorations. My little tree is in blues this year....blue and white lights and blue ornaments, very pretty. Decorated the front porch this year with the same blue and white lights and a few snowflakes. I will take pictures for my next post.

Well, time to close this post....this computer is acting up tonight. You all keep looking up.....things will get better. Cheers ~ Louise



2 comments:

Biz said...

I ended up canceling Blue Apron - it wasn't working out with the picky eaters in my house, but it was nice while it lasted!

Glad you liked the cauliflower dish :D

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....yeah I know....JP is getting a bit picky too. No spicy, no this or that. I may continue for a few months then cancel too. I will still get their recipes though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails