Monday, November 30, 2015

Kitty Sitting and Some Cards

Hi there everyone. Well, here we go...the last month of 2015 and Christmas is upon us....again. Been working on lots of Christmas cards lately, baby sitting kitty's and making lots of food...at this moment, another pumpkin pie was taken out of the oven. JP will be happy for that when he comes home from work in about 10 minutes.

Well, today I went to my friends house to drop off the key to her house. I spent the last 4 days babysitting this cute little kitty. We had a lot of fun and it seemed that Misty liked my visits. Dolores said that when she got home she noticed Misty's eyes were very bright....(I guess like below) so Dolores knew that Misty enjoyed herself and the visits I paid. I cleaned her litter and gave her fresh water and food. Then we would sit in the front room and have conversation. Meow talk.
Here we are playing with my scarf....Misty was always laying on her side, Dolores said Misty was saying she was happy. Well, I am glad everything worked out with Misty.....maybe someday I will get a kitty. Dolores gave me some money, so I will put that towards my Stampin'up meeting this next Sunday.....maybe buy something to make cards with. (Really Louise?????)
In the below picture are some thank you cards I have been making....I rather like them and will make some for my Etsy store and for my private use. I may make some for Hospice also. I had the Christmas tree die cut from a couple of years ago....and just this year used it on this card. The silver background is actually Plumber's tape, run through my cuttlebug. I think they turned out really nice.

Well I put these cards into my Etsy store. A set of 4 thank you's for $12.00 + $3.50 shipping.
In the picture below is a stamped image of a snowman. He was embossed in black then I colored him with H2o paints. Fun to work with. Then just made different backgrounds for each of the snowmen. I will be putting these guys on my Etsy store also. 5 cards for $15.00 + $4.00 shipping. Sometimes I don't charge enough for shipping and have to take it out of pocket...oh well, not going to get rich, it's just a hobby.
So in this last picture is the meal I made from Blue Apron tonight along with fried potatoes and pumpkin pie. Oh yum....if this is vegetarian eating....guess I could do it with no problem. This meal was called "Poached Pear and Crispy Goat Cheese Salad with Escarole & Walnuts" Never cooked a pear....that was different and then the goat cheese was sliced, dunked in flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs and fried....oh so very good.
Well time to close here. Hopefully I get this posted on the 30th otherwise, this will be my first post of December. Well, you all have a great day and keep looking up better days are a'comin. Cheers ~ Louise

7 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

That's a cute kitty and how nice of you to go over and take care of her. Molly hates the kennel and I'm so lucky that my granddaughter is going to school close by and can come and let her out if I'm going to be gone a while. So I know your friend appreciated it. Your cards are so pretty and what a great idea to use plumbers tape and run through the Cuttlebug. It sure made a nice background with gorgeous shine. I haven't thought of fried potatoes in a long time and we used to love them. Sort of a comfort food and now I will have to fix some! Thanks so much for the receipes. I have been wanting pizza and that looks scrumptious. I'll let you know.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....it was fun taking care of the kitty and pay was good too. Thanks on the cards, fun to make. Glad you like the recipes.

Biz said...

That looks delicious! A fried goat cheese appetizer was one of my favorite meals when I worked in the restaurant.

I am sending out my holiday cards this weekend - I still love how they turned out!

I ended up cancelling Blue Apron - the kids are just a bit too picky to make it cost effective for me. Happy Friday!

Patricia said...

Hi there Louise. I wanted to send thanks for the recipes you sent through the mail. It definitely a nice surprise to get actual mail rather than advertisements etc. I caught a cold over Thanksgiving and now Rick has it as well. It couldn't be helped as we spent 24 hours a day together traveling and all. I slept off and on on our trip back from Brookings. We spent Thanksgiving with Rick's mom and had an enjoyable quiet holiday. Take care and I hope you are doing well. P.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz.....oh the goat cheese was delish....but JP did not care for it. I might do a few more months the cancel too...it's been fun though.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patricia.....Hope you are feeling better and you are welcome on the recipes, hope you like them.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise..
OH bb-sitting kitty (:)
fun..
love the cute cards the food looks so good too..
Hugs,Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails