Monday, August 24, 2015

Some Blue Apron Meals & A Warm Cuddly Blanket

Hi there everyone. Hope you are having some nice cool fall days.....it sure does feel like fall out there. I am starting to pull up some plants that are dying out.....gosh, I may  even put some things away for the winter....less to do for fall clean up, I guess.

I am not exactly sure where the spring and summer went to...but it sure went by fast. Must be the older we get the faster time goes by and as the Bible says, "we are all but a vapor" and vapors or puffs of smoke don't last long, do they?!?!?!

Today I am going to show you some of the meals I have made with my "Blue Apron" meals that I have so far received. Here is the link to Blue Apron if you would like to check it out. So below are 5 meals....not sure what happened to the sixth one....must not have taken a picture of it for whatever reason.

In the above picture is the "Chicken Milanse with Summer Corn, Cherry Tomato and cucumber salad. I liked the way the chicken was made and have already bought some panko breadcrumbs to make this again. The chicken was dunked in flour, then a mustard/water mixture then into panko crumbs and fried in olive oil. Very tasty.
In this picture is the "Cod and Miso Soba Noodles with multicolored Cherry Tomatoes and Eggplant." JP liked this meal as he is a "Cod-fan" Me not so much. I am also not caring for the eggplant either. This dish was just okay in my taste pallet.
In this above picture is "Summer Ratatouille and Parmesan Polenta with Heirloom Eggplant and Garlic-Cheese Toasts" a really yummy meal. Polenta, which was an interesting dish to make. I shall be looking for Polenta in the store now....hopefully I can find it. Again there was eggplant in this dish, not my favorite. Zucchini would be my choice. The garlic bread is always luscious!!!
NOW this was really a good meal...."Spiced Meatballs with Garlic Toasts and Summer Squash Salad" The recipe says, spiced meatballs served in a warming tomato sauce are a North African specialty. One of the defining features is a hint of lemon. The salad included green olives, mint, lemon, Parmesan cheese and the squash. The meat balls were really tasty. Yes, I would make this again.
OH YUM....I made this last night and JP wanted a second helping. I was hoping to have enough to freeze for a meal while I am convalescing after surgery......but nope, not this meal. This meal is a "Stir-Fried Ginger-Basil Chicken with Tinkerbell Peppers and Coconut Rice." The coconut rice was made with a coconut milk powder that was mixed with water then added to the rice to cook. Need to look for this product for sure. The stir fry had such a good sauce...we both enjoyed it immensely. Most definitely will have to make this dish again.

Tomorrow will be my final visit to the eye Doctor to check my eyes....I have 6 more days of drops....it's be a long hard haul....but I am almost done. I shall celebrate by buying a warm cuddly purple blanket I saw the other day at Shopko. Oh my, it was so soft, I could see myself cuddled up in it during those long cold nights....it's on my list to buy, SOON like this week!!! 

Also tomorrow, I will be making a dish that will be coming in my Blue Apron box on September 3rd...the day of my surgery. I told JP to just put all the food in the fridge....hopefully in the following week I will be able to cook a little.

The recipe is called "Tomato & Goat Cheese Pie with Sweet Pepper and Basil." I have lots of tomatoes and basil from my garden, bought the goat cheese and pepper and will buy a pie crust tomorrow. So, I am all set. Hopefully I will be able to freeze some too. I did make some lasagna soup on Saturday....I should try and freeze a couple of containers there. That's if JP has left some in the pot.

I made him a rhubarb/strawberry pie on Saturday....I am surprised there is still some left. He is slacking a little.

Well, time to close here, don't want to wear you out and make you hungry with all my ramblings. Have a great couple of days and keep looking up. Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I'm glad to hear your eye visits are coming to an end. The drops are a pain but they do keep your eyes from being dry. I go Friday to make sure I need to have my other eye lasered. I hope they don't drag it out, I want it over with asap. Sounds like you have been eating some great meals with more to come.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....well, not quite to an end. I get to see the eye Doctor again in November, he will have to laser one of my eyes as there is a film build behind the lense. Normal but he wants to take care of it before it gets worse. Medicare takes care of it. Otherwise I have 20-20 vision. Yes...we have been eating well for now, no telling what the 2 weeks will be like while I am on R&R.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails