Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A New Friend and Fall Cards

Hi everyone...hope your day is going well. Thought I would do a short blog for today, at least I hope it will be a short one....I tend to get a little wordy at times. Need to do some shopping, so that's why the shortness of this blog.
Yes....this just might be what our "new friend" will look like. "Henry" is a Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot. We are going to meet him on Sunday to see if he likes us and we like him. I have always wanted a bird in the house....never, never thought it would be a parrot. But we will see, Henry is 40 years old and could have another 20-40 years of life....he certainly will out live us no doubt.
Here is another picture of a Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot. They are talkers and screechers and singers....it just might be like having another person in the house....we will see how this all pans out.
In this picture is another set of cards I will be adding to my Etsy store. I just added a set to my store yesterday and now it will be on to Christmas cards....my how the seasons fly by through card making. Which reminds me I need to get a card out to my Secret Stamper, not sure where the time is going, but it sure does fly by doesn't it. It must be an "age" thing. Cause when I was younger, time seemed to stand still and I just could not wait till my birthday, Christmas, vacations, till my Dad got home....till I was a teenager, 21 and I could drink, get married, have a baby etc. My mother would tell me, "Louise, don't wish your life away....it will come soon enough." I didn't know what she was talking about then....but now I do. Funny, I didn't wish to get old, but here I am....now I look back and wonder, "where did the time go?" It all went "way to fast"!!!!!!!
In this picture is the set of cards showing the inside.....don't usually show the insides, so this must be a first for the blog. Well, I am going to close here, you all have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh. Someday, I will tell you what that verse from the bible means. Take care. Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Patricia said...

What a fun addition to your family. Look forward to the new bird stories if you should decide to get it. That is a long commitment to ponder...
Take care, oh, and those cards are pretty. I like the Autumn colors.

Biz said...

The cards are beautiful Louise!

My friends had parrots when I was young - they scared the crap out of me back then, very loud and would fly at you for no reason - maybe it was just a young parrot??!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails