Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Some Happy Birthday Elephant Cards


Hello everyone, how is your day going??? It is bright and sunny today with a chance of being in the 70's this week-end.  Maybe I will work in the yard the next couple of days. The tulips are popping up along with the crocus's. Noticed my chives are popping up too!! Have not checked the rhubarb yet....but I am sure they are about to make their appearance too.

Added some birthday cards to my blog today, will be putting these cards into my Etsy store today and tomorrow. I am trying to get more of an array of cards in my store....I don't have a high traffic flow, so maybe doing a couple of cards a day for a week might help, may hurt the pocket book, but it is worth a try. I do promote my cards on different teams and get lots of lookers, but no buyers. Hopefully with the economy picking up, things will be better on Etsy for everyone.
Both these elephant cards are called "Polaroid Picture" technique where I taped off a rectangle or square then dabbed ink on the inside then stamped the image in the same color ink. Then inked in red the hats and balloon.

Both are Birthday Cards and will be for sale in my Etsy store for $3.00 + postage a piece. The inside of both cards say "Simply enjoy it all." This still is cheaper then buying a card at the store....I have seen cards for $5.00 to $8.00 at high end stores. Low end stores are $1.00 to 3.00, but you get what you pay for and my cards are all handmade with much love and creativity goes into each card.

Well, time to close here for today. Have to go get some things done. Chicken in the crock pot for today. Will be a simple recipe:
1 whole chicken (fryer or roasting)
pam spray
salt and pepper
seasonings
Pam spray lightly your crockpot. Place whole chicken in pot. Cover with lid and cook on high for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, put on low and cook for 6-8 hours. DO NOT ADD WATER!! The chicken makes it's own juice and gets golden brown.

So you all have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you no I've never done a whole chicken in the crockpot before? I should because after I pick the meat off it could be used for so many things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails