Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beautiful Butterfly ~ Freezer Corn and Cards

BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY!!! It was fluttering around Sunday Morning and I just had to run out and take a picture. First it was keeping it's wings closed then suddenly it's wings opened in all it's Glory.....what a beautiful sight. I have never seen a butterfly like this one before.....oh please do not tell me it is just a moth!!!! Do you know what it is or where it comes from???? I like to think it came from afar and stopped by to say "Hello Louise, God sent me by to make your day and to say "I love you" in a special way"
Such a beautiful, intricately designed and colorful butterfly. Black, gold and blue, nice color combo. Maybe I should make a card with those colors, something to think about.
Now for my tried and true "Freezer Corn." I got this recipe up in Ladysmith. Don't know from who, but it sure came in handy for the amount of corn we had growing on our 20 acres years ago. (as you can see the recipe is well worn) I had a big freezer to fill......so it was a great joy, to open that freezer, pull out some freezer corn, a hunk of meat and garden potatoes or squash and make a simple home grown meal!!
First: cut the corn off the cob.
You will need 8 cups of corn for one batch (that could be about 7-8 cobs)
Put corn in a fry pan (I use my electric wok) heat to 350 to 370 and simmer 3 minutes.
Add 2 tsp. sugar (I use 1 tsp.)
2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1 stick margarine (I use 1/2 stick butter)
Stir for 3 minutes. You can see the steam rising here.
Cool in the fry pan or wok. Pack in seal-a-meal bags (which I used years ago)
 Otherwise, just use containers then freeze.

There you have it, my no-fail freezer corn that will taste like fresh corn in the middle of winter. I have been a fan of this recipe for 36 years and it has not failed me yet.

CARDS: Made some cards to put up in my Etsy store. Hopefully tonight I will get them downloaded and place one of the cards into my Etsy store tomorrow. At least that is my goal.

Well you have a great day and keep looking up for  your redemption drawth nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love canning foods like that, that will taste like summer in the dead of winter.

Hope you are having a great day!

FairyLaceAndMore said...

I made your recipe for corn, Louise! It is so delicious!
Amazingly beautiful butterfly. Of course, this is not moles!
Maybe you make a card with these colors and show us!?

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thanks Biz, so true.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Elena, glad you liked the corn recipe...it is my favorite. Yes, the butterfly sure is beautiful, it has been back a couple of times since. I shall have to make a card either using the picture or as a card using the colors some day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails