Sunday, February 7, 2021

What's New February???

Hi there everyone. This is crazy....blogspot still does things I do not understand. Oh well, least I can still type an intro....

Well, Valentine's Day is not far off....what, one week away??? The Valentine cards you see on my blog are from 2016...have not gotten downstairs to make new ones for quite awhile. I did send some cards to Hospice that I had laying around...time to clear things out.
I am thinking the cards above and below are cards I found on the internet and wanted to make, kinda cute aren't they??? I did duplicate the cards above, but can't find the cards or pictures. Must have given them to Hospice.
The card above looks like an easy one, I do have LOTS of eyes, should be an easy card to duplicate.
Now the next 3 cards I did make....in 2016. Really need to take some time to make cards, lately I have been too busy being a "Caregiver" for JP. He requires a lot of work to keep him going. My life sort of disappeared on the back burner of late. February have so far been very busy. Lots of nurses coming daily, Visiting Nurse, Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist, Doctor appointments, Walker/tub seat pick-ups at Easter Seals, Shopping, that was last week. 

This week will be the nurses coming again. Then JP has an appointment, as he will need surgery for a hernia, (not sure when the hernia surgery will be) a Covid test on Saturday and the following week, Upper esophagus and lower colonoscopy. (I am not looking forward to that one, AT ALL!!!!) So that means having him drink all that stuff, running to the bathroom and still do the catheter. Needless to say, he is NOT a very good patient!!!

I have a lot of paper work to sort through, and get taxes done by March 1st. Hopefully I can hold it together for the rest of this month. Another thing I am having to do is, catheter JP 3 times a day, oh and make sure he gets his meds and his food is soft and if meat, it is cut up in small pieces. When did I become a Nurse???

Looking at my calendar right now, I am counting 5 trips to the Doctors and Hospital. That is no easy chore, getting JP out of the house and into the car. A belt is wrapped around his chest, so I can catch him if he falls and get him into the car....what a chore, for him and me!!!
I think, getting downstairs will be my "get-a-way" place, cause he can't come downstairs, he might loose his balance and fall down the stairs....that is all I need. My Chicago Blackhawk games are a get-a-way too. Hopefully they will win lots of games....it is looking good for them this season, lots of young kids that are out to win the Stanley Cup!!!!

 Well, time to close here, hockey will be starting at 2pm and I need to get some lunch for JP. Breakfast was pancakes and jello for JP...gosh those were good pancakes....yummy. Lunch is Air Fry potatoes and chicken, (Thank you Biz, that Air Fryer has come in real handy...a life saver for cooking stuff for JP)

So, this is what's new in February, SO FAR. I suspect more is coming, hopefully the weather will cooperate also....pray for no snow on the days I have to take JP to the Doctor and Hospital visits. Have a great month, and if I have time, I might add another blog this month, if not, see you in March. Take care and keep looking up, better days are coming round the corner. Cheers ~ Louise

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You and I sure have a lot in common, Louise. I am almost full-time caretaking, too. They still can't figure out what is going on with John's health so we just keep pushing along.
I have been sorting through tons of craft stuff and have given away so many things. I gave all my paper crafting stuff to my daughter..and lots of fabric and trims.
Whoever thought life would be like this for us at this age?
Take good care of yourself.

As always, I love your cards. You have always done such a nice job on them. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....never thought we would be in this position....but it just crept up on us. Not really sure I like this journey we are on. I guess I have to think about purging and just not sure I am at that point yet. Just trying to get through each day at a time.

Yeah, my mother never told me old age was like this, thought I was going to stay young forever. Well, maybe that is what it will be like in heaven...right???

Thanks for stopping by....praying for you and John, you are in my little prayer book.

Biz said...

So happy the air fryer is coming in handy! I've been the nurse so I know what you are going through - sending hugs!

Terra said...

Your cards in their Valentines red and white are very pretty, and I think you have become almost a nurse. That is a busy and exhausting February ahead, I hope you find a bit of me time to do what brings you joy.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

HI Biz thanks for stopping by....You did well as a caregiver. I am not doing well at this right now.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Terra, thanks for stopping by. Thanks on the cards also.I am looking for some "me" time...it is hard to find at times.

Connie said...

It's it funny how all the stuff we thought we wanted, now has just become stuff to get rid of, LOL. I'm going through things too. Thank you for your encouraging words concerning my cataract surgery. It will be nice to have my vision corrected. I'm hoping that it will help with night driving as well :)

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Connie...thanks for stopping by. I may procrastinate of this subject of ridding myself of things that weigh me down. Guess I need to get taxes done first and I have 6 piles of papers to go through sitting on the table before I can even start....uge!!! Plus deal with my husbands issues.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails