Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Here We Go Again!!!!

Hi there everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July...it went way too fast. It's been pretty hot here...in the 90's (I don't do 90's very well.) Our window air conditioner konked out after the 3rd day and started spitting....so I guess it is time to get a new one. That's if I can manage to scrape up some money. So in the mean time I have 5 fans going constantly and a little Artic Air conditioner by my computer...it puts out some cold air but needs to be filled with water every couple of hours. 

Hopefully there will be just a few more days of this hot stuff. The weather will cool down a bit and I can then do some work outside....it's too hot for me to work outside in 90 degrees....but the  weeds and grass like this and grow great in this weather. 

I really do need an air conditioner in the kitchen though, as I do spend a lot of time there. If need be, I can put a lawn chair in the kitchen and camp out in the kitchen during the night. I've done that a few times, when the conditioner worked. Now I just have the fans going full blast.

Dinner tonight was hamburgers and mashed potatoes and gravy and sliced tomatoes with Italian dressing. By the time I finished cooking, I was sweating like a stuffed pig....do they sweat???? Time to sit in front of the fans and enjoy the hamburger.
Well, here we go again. The city is tearing up our street again......Uge!!! They say this mess will be done by August 22nd.
We have special permits to put on our car window as we won't be able to park in our own driveway. So where ever we can find a place to park on the side streets....that's where we can park for the night.
We watched the streets being torn apart this morning....those machines are beasts. The weather was much cooler this morning also, by about noon the weather started warming up a bit.
This is the street down the right of us, they went on to tear up the street in the next block. I thought that street was already finished, as it was already black-topped.....but I guess not.
So here is our front yard....daisies are growing nicely. The blacktop on the side walk will be ripped up also....what a mess this will be.

Well, I guess it is time to close here, you all enjoy your summer...have a feeling it will go pretty fast!!! Take care and keep looking up. I am pretty sure things will get better eventually. Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I sure pray things get better for you soon. WE are still plugging along here. Trying to stay well and safe and still make drs. appts. I love the black eyed susans. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Connie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. Having to park down the street and carry groceries in that heat could be a big problem. I hope you have some help. God bless you,
Connie

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise ��
Good to hear from you
lol sweating like a pig huh?
Not a heat lover either
so you had lots of fun farm animals
they are so much fun.
Well hope you have a good summer
stay cool
hugs
Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails