Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Love Sheet-Pan Meals

Hi there everyone. Hoping all is well by you. Hard to believe it is June already. these last 5 months have been like a nightmare and we have not woken up yet....wish it were over and things were back to normal. 

Well to keep myself occupied and entertained during the quarentine, I was trying different recipes, looking through old cookbooks and old magazines. JP was not complaining in that area.....as he likes to eat food, hot or cold, he ain't fussy in that department. 

Anyways, this recipe below "Petite Meatloaf Dinner" was from an old magazine "Cooking Light" from October 2018. I am amazed at all the magazines I had stashed away. Saw this recipe the other day and decided to make it. The recipe called for carrots and beans. I had no beans so improvised with what I did have. Brocoli, potatos, carrots and radishes, tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder and spread out on a sheet pan.
Sorry for my shadow....this is before the meat and vegies were cooked. The recipe for the meat loaves were pretty easy.
1 lb. lean ground turkey (I used ground beef)
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
6 Tbsp. unsalted ketchup, divided(3 Tbsp. for meat, 3 for sauce)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 large egg
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided, (1/2 for vegies, 1/2 for meat)
2 tsp. low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
12 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Again, sorry for my shadow....this is after the meat and vegies were cooked. So preheat the oven 450 degrees. Combine the turkey, oats, 3 tablespoons ketchup, onion, egg, marjoram, and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Mix and divide into 4 (4x2 1/2") loaves. Place evenly spaced, on pan. Combine Worcestershire sauce and remaining 3 tablespoons ketchup in a small bowl and brush over loaves. Spread the vegies around the loaves and bake 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Turn vegies and continue to bake until loaves are no longer pink in the center. 12-15 more minutes.

I have to say....this was really good. And while I was making the meatloaf dinner, I was making this french bread to go along with the sheet pan dinner. 
Nothing like warm bread with your meal. These two loaves lasted maybe 2 1/2 days. During quarentine I was making lots of sourdough bread, that was fun....this is just a regular loaf, only thing different was that when I baked the bread, the directions said to put a pan of water under the bread, not exactly sure what that accomplished, but maybe I will try that technique again with a regular loaf. The only thing I can figure is that the bread browned on top better and was more crusty, which I like.

Well time to close, tis getting late and I need to finish this post. you all have a great day and keep looking up....thinking there will be better days ahead. Cheers ~ Louise


4 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I've been doing a lot more cooking too. The meals look so good and that bread looks delicious.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....oh yesssss the bread WAS delicious, did not last long, but that is a good thing.

Connie said...

Your dinner looked so good; it's always fun to try something new. I've been finding it hard to cook for one, but sometimes I cook a meal and freeze half, then I'm only eating it for two or three days at a time, LOL. Then again some evenings a peanut butter sandwich is all I want.
Thank you so much for visiting my little blog and keeping up with our blogging friendship, I know that I have been lacking in the blogging department. I'm truly trying to work more enjoyment into my days . . . one day at a time :)
God bless you sweet friend.
Connie :)

R's Rue said...

Yum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails