Monday, January 20, 2020

Life in 2020 and Cream Puffs

Hi there everyone.....I know, I know, it's been a while, like 2 weeks since the last post?!?! I used to be so diligent writing my posts, 3,4,5 a month. Now it's just 1 or 2 posts. Guess not too much is happening in my life. I can post just so many cards, so many recipes, so many Hawk games, till people get tired of reading my posts, guess that is better then no posts at all.....right?!?!

Have not been doing any cards lately. But I need to make some for Valentine's Day. Hospice meeting is coming up on the 31st. and I have very few cards for that day. Maybe it's a good thing I have a Hospice meeting, cause it makes me make cards, even if I don't feel like it. Need some inspiration I guess.

The cookbook has taken up a lot of my time....we are nearing the end though. I have typed in 275 recipes (there are a few more coming....so maybe it will be about 280). We will be sending the book in with dividers, pictures and info to have Fundcraft put the book together. Maybe the end of this month or the beginning of February is our ending date.
Speaking of recipes (no, this one is not in the cookbook) I made these cream puffs the beginning of this year. Don't they look delicious?? Always wanted to make these, found a recipe that sounded pretty easy. So many times, these fancy recipes sound so complicated....thought I could handle this one. Following is the recipe.
Eclairs - Preheat oven 400 degrees.
1 c. water
1 stick butter
1 c. sifted flour
4 eggs
Heat water and butter to boiling point. Add flour, stir constantly till the mixture is smooth and forms a ball. Remove from heat and let cool. Beat in 4 eggs one at a time. Till all mixed together. Drop dough on greased cooking sheet (or use parchment paper to line the cooking sheet.) Bake 30 minutes until light brown. Set aside and cool. Prepare your filling. Cut puffs lengthwise, but not through. Pipe custard into center. Melt chocolate and frost puffs.

I tried making the filling, but it burned the pan. So I filled the puffs with sliced banana and spooned Cool Whip into the puffs. Covered the puffs with Chocolate syrup. 

I do have a package of vanilla instant pudding. I will try that next time I make these puffs. A fun dessert to have on hand. The ideas are endless. How does strawberries sound...oh yum!!!

 I believe in my Christmas post I mentioned I would post "My 3 Kings" I made these guys 52 years ago. Using paper Mache and material. They have their own container, an "All" soap detergent container that is probably 53+ years old.....everything is antique. It would not be Christmas without "My 3 Kings".
Isn't this a great picture of a Blackhawk, so powerful and strong. Speaking of the Chicago Blackhawks. Patrick Kane got his 1000 point last night. It was so cool to watch. All the guys came off the bench and surrounded him, congratulating him on his 1000 point. The announcer said he scored 500+ goals and 400+ assists (meeting somewhere in between.) I will find the exact stats and insert them in this post at a later date.

So I have been watching lots of Hockey....my entertainment. Would be wonderful to go to a game....but a little expensive and too far to travel. So it is cheaper to watch at home on TV.
Patrick is only 31 years old....so he has lots of years left to score more goals and assists. Patrick is the 4th Hawk in Franchise history to score over 1000 points. I heard also, he is the 90th player in the League to score 1000 points...so many mile stones he has reached and he is not done yet. His mother and father must be VERY proud of him. All his team mates love him and look up to him....he has become quite the icon for young kids that want to be just like him. Even some of his team mates are young enough to remember watching him and wanted to be like him. So awesome. I tear up thinking about this man!!!

So I guess I will close here for now. Who knows when I will come back. Maybe when something exciting happens, not sure when that will be. Just know I will be watching Hockey, making cards and cooking till the snow subsides and the days start getting longer. I am ready and it is just January.

Talk to you later, keep looking up better days are coming. 
Cheers ~ Louise

11 comments:

FairyLaceAndMore said...

Dear Louise! I look forward to your every post. It is very interesting. And yes, I will try this amazing recipe, of course. Thanks!

Susie said...

Glad you are enjoying your hockey games. My grandson loves them also. :) Hope you are doing well and staying warm. I am so ready for springtime...can not help it. Take care of yourself. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Diane ~ said...

Louise, you are so talented! I really enjoy your posts, admire your cooking skills & your lovely cards. When you wrote about the Black Hawks I recalled going with you to my first hockey game & Pierre Pilote! :)

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Those 3 kings are magnificent! I can't even imagine the talent and skill it took to shape those fellas! I had no idea paper mache could be so beautiful -

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

FairyLace….thanks for stopping by. Hope you like the recipe.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Susie, thanks for stopping by. Hawks lost again....always makes me sad, they are better then that. Yes, need some spring pretty soon. That's for sure.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Diane!!! Good to see you, wondered where you were. Sad to hear about you health issues, glad you are better. I shall have to stop by your blog sometime. I completely forgot you went to a Blackhawk game with me so long ago. Those were fun days. Pierre Pilot....forgot, he was the Captain of the team then. LOL!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Evelyn, thanks for stopping by.....yes, my 3 kings, love them every Christmas. They love coming out every Christmas but don't like to be packed away for another year. Two of them must stand on their heads all year....lol!!

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Years ago, with a previous kitty, I always kept a manger set up on the top of a living room desk shelf and the 3 kings were at the outside edge - you guessed it - she kept swiping those poor travelers and knocking them to the floor - spent a lot of time re-setting them - LOL

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Evelyn....funny about your kitty. They can be so funny and like to knock things off shelves. I watch You tubes a lot with dogs and cats...Cats are so curious aren't they.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Yes, they are, Louise - lol - but so are other pets. I love all animals. I navigated more towards cats because during all the decades I worked and supported myself, I mostly worked very long hours, often weekends, and a cat made more sense. They tolerated the often-solitude much better than any other pet - mostly - LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails