Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Recipes and Cook Book Update

Hi there everyone, how fast this month is going. So much JOY this month I can hardly stand it!! Not sure why I am putt-sing around so much. My cards are not finished. Still have my little tree to decorate and the village to put up. Oh and cookies to make, of course. Maybe I will get "my three kings" up tonight. Paper Mache statues I made 52 years ago...goodness they are old. Let's see if I can rustle them up. Nope, they must be on another SDHC disk. Maybe I will take another picture of them.
I am still working on putting recipes into the Fundcraft program. There might be about 75 recipes to go yet. I was going to type some in tonight and was told by the Company, "Sorry, your time is up. You must contact the company to change the date for entering recipes" We told them the first of December.....well, trying to get recipes from people is like pulling teeth. Everyone keeps forgetting to give you their recipes and sometimes you have to go back 2 and 3 times to remind people about giving you a recipe or two. That was my problem back in '84 and '95. Things have not changed, and it's still the same in 2019. 

We had to get at least 200 recipes, I think by the time we are done, there should be at least 250 give or take a few here and there. So now we are figuring that ALL recipes should be in by December 31. So we can start filling out the forms, getting pictures ready and submit the recipes. It would all have to be done by January 15th. Hope we can make it. I have to make the call tomorrow to change dates and ask a few more questions.

Here is a recipe for you, that will be in the cook book.
Angel Macaroons
1 pkg. (16oz.) Angel Food cake mix
1/2 c. water (yes that is right)
1 tsp. almond extract
1 c. sweetened shredded coconut (opt.)
1/2 - 2/3 c. chocolate chips (opt) (or mint, butter scotch, etc.)
Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water and extract together with **beater on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in coconut. Drop by Tablespoonful @ 2" apart onto parchment paper, lined on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove paper with cookies to wire rack to cool. **You can beat the mixture with a spoon by hand, don't have to use a beater. (these cookies will be soft after bake.)

I am not sure this recipe will be in the cook book, but I tried it and it is really goooooood!! It's called:
Best Burgers and Fries Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Basil
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. parsley
1 tsp. celery salt
2 tsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. garlic salt
4 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. pepper
1/2 c. salt
1 Tbsp. cumin
Mix altogether in a mason jar. Good on burgers, fries, chicken, fish, pork and vegies. (for this recipe, I doubled it already, so if you want, half it.)

Well, time to close here, getting late and I need to work on moving a few recipes around. Have a good week and talk to you later. Hopefully I will have all the Christmas stuff done and cards in the mail when I come back. Keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails