Monday, January 29, 2018

Finally......Feeling Better

Hi there everyone. Yes.....finally feeling better. This has been quite a bout with the flu or whatever this was. Now JP has it. Lots of coughing and hacking and blowing the nose. Tiredness and no ambition to do anything but sleep. Didn't even feel like blogging....nope, had nothing to say and no pictures to add to this blog.

To top that off, my computer decided to act up....for some reason it was not letting me in. I am wondering if I got hacked???? I finally had to let the computer reset itself back to when I first got it. Which meant I lost some programs, like Microsoft Word, a few games and Norton to name just a few, oh and my screen saver pictures.

Norton was telling me I needed to buy a new subscription.....that was upsetting me, because I still had 2 months left before I had to renew, which will be $100. Then losing my Microsoft Word, was another bummer. I ended up having to buy a subscription yesterday, for a year at $69 and will have to renew next January. Not exactly sure how I got the previous program. I finally did find the games that I lost, I like scrabble and Yahtzee, found them, which were free. Now I guess I can get on with life for awhile. Till something else happens to my computer. Computers are kinda expensive to have I think.

The picture above is another idea for the new peony stamp I bought from Altenew. Looking forward to making a few cards with this stamp in the next few weeks.

My card making "mojo" has been very low. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm probably a 2 or 3, no creative juices flowing!!!! I did manage to get some cards put together for the Hospice meeting on the 26th. What I did was pull a bunch of cards together that were in my inventory. Made a few Valentine's Day cards and placed the inserts for Heartland Hospice in all the cards. My next batch of cards, I will make labels and place them at the bottom of the card instead of ripping the inserts out with the sayings on them and replacing with the Heartland Hospice insert. So much extra work eliminated. I noticed that the other ladies were just using labels.....I thought, why can't I???? So now that I have my Word program, why not make labels???? The message is still the same.


Finally....took my Christmas Village down today.....I guess that is a sign that I am feeling better. I left my table top Christmas tree up....it is decorated in red for Valentine's Day. I'll take it down before St. Patricks.....not unless I change my mind....who knows.

Well time to close here. You all have a great day and keep yourself healthy, get plenty of rest and stay away from the coughers and sneezers!!! Keep looking up ~ better days are coming. 
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I am glad you are feeling better. This has been a terrible year for sickness. I have no "mojo" either and just posted that. Also that I just got my Christmas stuff down last week. I don't think we are the only ones either! Hang in there.

Susie said...

So glad you are better Louise. Do not pick it up again from your husband. Get your strength back. So far Ted and I have been lucky and stayed healthy. We wash our hand all the time. Keep sanitizers in the cars . That is a very pretty card. I hate when our computers get crazy. Hope you got that all cleaned up, it's always something isn't it? Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....yes, feeling much better. just a cough here and there. Husband is still coughing and sneezing. He has taken off work 3 days now...hope he goes back soon. Thanks for stopping by.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....thanks for stopping by. Yes, feeling much better. I have never been down this long, 2 weeks of sickness, that's enough for me. Glad you guys are healthy, this flu season is rough. Computer is still acting silly, this morning it said it had an error and needed to shut down and start up again....took about 20 minutes to do what it needed to do...maybe it has the flu too????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails