Thursday, July 28, 2016

Some Cards and Some Blue Apron Food

Hi there everyone.....yeah, I am a bit behind in posting these cards again. Made these cards at Betty's a week ago Wednesday. Oh gosh, it has been sooooo hot, I just have not felt like doing ANYTHING!!!!!

Today has been nice...tolerable. The weather will be in the high 70's and low 80's for the next week or so.....I can handle that. Until at least I can get a new air conditioner in the kitchen window.
So here are some cards I made at Betty's last week. Doesn't this card look yummy and cool. Pop-cycles!!! Remember when the Good Humor Man came around in his little white truck, oh and then there was the ice cream man on his bike pushing a refrigerated box full of pop-cycles.....ah yes, the good old days!!!!
I love this old lady.....she was fun to color too. While working on her all I could think about was the stamp that says......"dance, as if know one is watching".
This was a fun card....lots of pre-made embossed and die cuts....easy, peasy to put together.
Now this card was really nice...Christmas in July....Betty borrowed my snow flake stamp and turned it into this lovely card. Betty usually has the background embossed and the die cuts made, all we do is put it together and add the gems on the snow flake. Pretty, pretty card, the light does not do it justice.
So these were my two Blue Apron meals. I think these will be my last ones for a few months....at least till the summer is over and the weather gets a bit cooler. It was much too hot to cook in my kitchen and I did not feel like putting on the oven. So no, only want to make easy-peasy things that don't take up a lot of energy and make things too warm in the kitchen.

The above meal, "Za'atar Chicken Burgers & Oven Fries with Feta-Labneh Spread & Garlic Chips" I think, what I like with each of these meals, is that I learn something new every time. I loved make the oven fries this way....just cutting them, oil, salt and pepper and back till they crisp. Garlic chips....slice the garlic and fry in oil till crisp and top the burger with the chips. I think the next time I make this I will use beef.....the only seasoning was lemon zest, parsley and the za'atar seasoning, salt and pepper. Then fry in oil. I guess the burger was supposed to have a Greek flavor to it. To tell you the truth, I was not impressed....guess that is why I will try beef next time.
This meal was "just okay". "Roasted Pork and Summer Salsa with Zucchini-Scallion Rice" I enjoyed the salsa, rice and zucchini more then the meat. It was a little tough. Plus......so hot in the kitchen, I did not roast in the oven. I sliced the pork and fried in a pan.

The salsa was a peach, cut up real fine added lime zest and a shallot-lime juice mixture, drizzled oil and tossed thoroughly and combined with salt and pepper. This was layered on the pork. (last night I mixed the rest of the salsa with some sour cream and mayo and put on some toasted naan bread with a sliced cucumber on it. very refreshing.)

We really liked the Zucchini...diced and cooked in oil till tender, add the minced garlic and scallions (bottom part) then the cooked rice added and cooked till heated.....oh, don't forget the salt and pepper. We really enjoyed that, then of course the peach salsa and onion  added a sweet touch. Yeah, I would do this again. BUT on a cooler evening.

So I shall monitor the next few months of meals on Blue Apron, to see if there is something I would like to make. I can always get their recipes off the site. So if there are some meals I want, I can get the recipe and buy the food myself. We shall see what transpires....in the mean time I have lots of great recipes and a few favorites I will try over and over again.

Well, time to go walk Kylie....oh my, it is after 6pm....I sure can get lost doing this post. Time to close. I got some new stamps today and I want to go downstairs and play with them.

You all have a great evening and keep looking up.....better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise



2 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Cute cards and can't wait to see what you'll be making with your new stamps.

Biz said...

Love how the cards turned out Louise! And sorry the two meals were just okay - although I love my deep fryer, oven fries are delicious too! :D

It's rainy today, but looks clear for the weekend, which is good for me since I am working the farmers markets again. Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails