Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Some Signs Along The Way......

Hi there everyone....how is your day going? The weather has been stormy with high winds and lots of rain. Our power went out the other night, along with 13,500 other homes, but came back on 4-5 hours later. Guess there were still people without, longer then that. One sure can be lost without the "POWER"!!!

We headed downstairs with a candle, a little flashlight, and a transistor radio ((yep, I still have one of those....why, I am STILL from the OLD SCHOOL)) We stayed down there till the warnings of tornadoes passed. The sirens were blowing too. I said, "Oh oh....tornado's!" JP says, "How do you know?" I said, "the sirens are sounding....that's how I know"..........geez Jay, do you think I am stupid or something?! We have to go downstairs....boy I tell you, he sure did not move very fast!!! Like everything....I have to drag him or push him to move or go to the Doctor....tired!!!

Some people like storms....me, I don't. I feel like I am in spiritual storms constantly....I would like a little calm and quiet now and then. Don't you?? My mom used to always say, "Everything is/was calm and quiet." Geez....what planet was she on??? I have yet to sense that "calm and quiet" in my life!!!!

Did I tell you....probably not, I mentioned this on Facebook. We got home from church on Sunday and there was a message on our answering machine. It was one of those computerized voices saying someone had sent us a text to our landline. We would not be charged for it (GOOD THING) and this was the phone number, but no name. (coward) and the message was...."I HATE YOU!!"

Oh my gosh....what on earth is this world coming to???? I ask you???  So my mind dwelled on that most of the day, wondering who in their right mind would do something like that??? I know there are some people that don't like us, but they usually stay away, but to come right out and leave a message???? Honestly, get a life and grow up!!!! I have been praying for them, whoever they are that God would convict them of their cowardly deeds. I just have to remember, "Vengeance is the Lord's" and what goes around, comes around. I am not one to do the same thing back, but I know "Pay day is coming, someday, to everyone.
I saw this sign somewhere on the Internet and had to save it.......It says it all, doesn't it???
 

Another sign that I must remember.....as I am very hard on myself at times. Not only do people criticize, but I do a pretty good job at criticizing and cutting myself down. Why, I probably have even told myself......I HATE YOU!!! So, I don't really need someone else telling me "I HATE YOU" also!!! Look who signed the sign.....another "Louise".
 

Yes, Blue Apron.....have you heard of this company? I saw it on Pinterest and checked it out Here is the site. What they do is send you three meals, with recipe, meat, vegies and spices. You do the cooking. Sounds like fun, plus you are trying things that may be completely new to you. The box comes all refrigerated and cold. You choose what you want to make that night or the next. I am going to try it a while see how price effective it is....I like to cook, so maybe this just might be a fun project for the summer.
 
Last night I made a scrumptious meal in the pressure cooker of pork, potatoes, carrots, onion and corn on the cob with Turkish seasonings and onion soup mix. OMG was that delicious. So between my pressure cooker, the Blue Apron and Schwans......we shall eat well!!!
 
Well time to close here for awhile....I am probably boring you by now and you have not read my whole post.....that's okay. You have a good day and keep looking up!!! Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Susie said...

I always think a message like that is kids....or a wrong number. That is what I pray it is. We do have to pray for the crazies of the world...They are the ones who need it most. Hope your weather smooth out and you get some lovely summer days. I want that too. The sky is awesome at this time. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....yeah, hopefully it is a wrong number...but it sure did un-nerve us a bit...not that it should, because if they hated Jesus, they will hate us also. I have had the air on for a couple of day in the kitchen...it has helped. The weather is suppose to cool down a bit tonight. Thanks for stopping by.

Brenda in IN said...

We have had terrible storms and lots of rain here too. Lots of flooding in parts of Indy. I think that Louise is from Hay House that prints beautiful books. She has several books out that you could probably get from your library. I don't know why people have to send out such hateful messages. It is probably just kids playing on the phone. It does sound like you will be making some yummy meals. What a good idea to just get all the ingredients and make it yourself when you're ready. Also saves you running to the grocery store. I hope that works out for you.

Patricia said...

I hope you can share what you got from the Blue Apron company. Sounds like an interesting way to try new recipes.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....I shall have to check out Louise Hay books. I am still mystified by that message on our answering machine. Not sure how people get those kind of messages on a daily basis...when running for a public office or some sports star. I am looking forward to the Blue Apron stuff coming....will definitely save trips to the store while I am convalesing at home with eye surgery.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patricia.....I most definitely will share the recipes....I am sure it will make for good post. I found another company that does the same thing but they are $10 more then this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails