Saturday, March 23, 2013

"Oh Spring.....Where Art Thou? ~ Boating and Baking!!"

Where ARRRRRE YOUUUUUUUU Spring??? Everyone is looking for you, why are you hiding???
The above picture was taken in January, and this is what we expect for January. BUT it is March 23rd and is supposed to be SPRING!!!  My back yard is still full of snow!!! This time last year we were in the 80's! We went from winter to summer in the twinkling of an eye!!
Hopefully we will taste a bit of spring this year, I for one am ready!!!
READY for boat rides and mini vacations!! Yes I am looking forward to this ride.....winter vanishes away.....not to be seen again, for at least 6 months or more!!!! I will enjoy my summer this year and look forward to every day!!!

So I was on Facebook today...my usual place to go after checking emails and such. Found this recipe that I just needed to share today.....have not tried it yet, but will today for sure!!! I will give you the ingredients here, so if you are so inclined, you can try it also and let me know how it worked out for you.
***************
This is Red Lobster's Cheese Biscuit recipe done in a loaf pan.


3 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
... 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 1/4 cups milk
3/4 cup sour cream
3 Tablespoons of butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil. In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture, this will help prevent your cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.

In a different bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture, stir until just combined, do not over stir. Spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.
*********************

Sounds good, doesn't it, this could be a keeper for sure!!!
Well, time to close this blog for today, need to get some things done. Saturday, wonder what I can get into??? Well, for one, make the above bread!! 
Have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh!
Cheers ~ Louise 

2 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

oh wow love those biscuits.. thanks
..snow
ugh
I feel for ya ..
we had an inch last week .. next week is suppose to get high 60ties(:)YEAH !!
hugs..p

Attic Clutter said...

thanks Louise (:) I have fun..Happy Easter !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails