Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Carrot Cake, Macaroons, Yummy Potatoes, Steak and Pumpkin Pie

Hi there everyone. Hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather. Guess that will change by this weekend.....the snow is coming. I knew this was too good to be true!!! But the early spring sure did feel good, didn't it???

So I started this post the day before Valentine's.....here are a couple of recipes that caught my eye.
Carrot Cake for 2. I am not very good at making cakes for some reason. But, this cake was pretty good, the taste was there but it came out like the leaning tower of Pizza. Carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. JP ate most of it though....I have to watch my sugar intake.
In this picture you see the back side of the carrot cake and chocolate Macaroons. A simple recipe from the package, I just added the chocolate chips and cocoa.
Chocolate Macaroons. 2 2/3 cup coconut, 1/3 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoon flour, 2 egg whites, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix together coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Then mix in egg, and almond extract until blended. Bake on a greased and floured cookie sheet, drop by teaspoonful for 20 minutes at 325 until edges are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire racks to cool. As I said, in this recipe I added maybe about 1/3 mini chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon cocoa.
Baked Potatoes - this was delicious!! Oh gosh....I lost this recipe, and not sure where I found it. But I seem to remember the potatoes were peeled and diced. Onions and bacon mixed in, sprinkled with salt and pepper and olive oil. Baked at 350-400 till browned. If I ever run across this recipe, I will be sure to post it again.
Hardcore Carnivore Black Steaks. I leave my steaks on the counter till room temperature. Makes for a more tenderer steak. Fry 3-4 minutes on each side will make for a medium pink steak....yum!!
I made a few Pumpkin Pies. One for us and one for my friend Betty. I cooked down a pumpkin from Halloween, had it sitting in the kitchen. Baked the pumpkin in the oven, scooped out the meat and froze it in freezer bags. Time to make the pie, defrosted the meat, 2 cups on pumpkin, cup of milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix in a blender and pour into a shell and bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes turn down the oven to 350 for 45 - 50 minutes. Easy Peasy Pie.
Well, I shall close this post for today.....hope you enjoyed the recipes. Have a great night and keep looking up~~~better days are here again. Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails