Thursday, January 26, 2017

Blepharoplasty Surgery Before and After

Hi there everyone.....guess I have been "Missing in Action" again.....BUT I do have an excuse!!! Had surgery on my eyelids to lift them up a bit and get rid of those ugly yellow patches on my lids. The Doctor said they were cholesterol patches. NOOOOO...I did not like them at all. Can't understand why the cholesterol decided to take up residence above my eyes. Look how old and tired my eyes look.....uge! This picture was taken maybe a couple of days before the surgery.
This picture was taken a day or so after the surgery....doesn't look too bad here but the discoloration and black and blue spread down and around my eyes. This picture actually looks good. Doctor put 3 stitches in my eye lids and taped up the rest. The tape falls off after a couple of days. I used a lot of warm water compresses a couple of times a day....that felt so good. Doctor said, "no cold compresses." There was just a bit of pain as the numbness was wearing off, took a Tylenol and that made me sleep most of the afternoon. No pain after that.
So in the picture below....it was taken today. I had an appointment with the Doctor and he took the stitches out. He said most of the discoloration will be gone in a week or so. See my beautiful eyelids??? (That's what he said, my eyes were beautiful) Can you see the difference? One thing I have noticed is that my eyes did not water so much since the surgery. Doctor said that is because the sagging eyelids were not letting enough tears flow which caused eye dryness. I guess that is a miracle.....I would tear constantly, people probably thought I was crying all the time.

I told the Doctor I looked like a Mack Truck hit me.....he laughed and said, "and that Mack Truck's name was Dr. Neilitz!!!" Hahahah...he has quite the humor.
Since my cataract surgery last year, I now have 20-20 vision looking far away.....but up close I have to wear readers for now. Doctor asked me if I want glasses, but I said for now I will wear the readers cause I kinda like not having to wear glasses all the time. We will see....maybe at my next appointment in November I will have changed my tune. Cheaper to buy readers then new glasses.

Been doing a lot of nothing this past week or so. Making cards has just been on my schedule. Tomorrow is our Hospice meeting, so hopefully I can get a few more cards made tonight. Valentine cards are pretty much done, but need to make a few simple St. Patrick cards yet tonight. I will take some pictures and show you what I have been up to.

Well, it is going on 5:00 and it's still pretty light out. So I think Kylie and I will go take a walk.....she will like that. Finally the days are getting longer....Daylight savings begins March 12th. So yay.. we have something to look forward to. Oh and doesn't the Ground Hog come out on Feb. 1st or 2nd.....I don't know, it always seems we still have 6 more weeks of winter whether he sees his shadow or not.....superstition is all.

You all have a great evening and keep looking up BETTER DAYS ARE HERE!!!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

9 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I have never heard of such a thing...Wow honey, you have been thru a lot...but thank goodness you are recovering and going to look wonderful. Blessings to you, take care of yourself. xoxo, Susie

Unknown said...

Oh my Lordy! Wow! You are a trooper��

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, I can sure tell the difference. I am so glad you got along so well and there was hardly any pain. The bruises will go away and Hollywood will probably come calling! I can't wait for the longer days too. Seems like it has been so cold and dreary for such a long time. We have been lucky with not having a lot of snow this winter so that has been nice.

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for doing that, Louise. You will be so much happier now that is done and wait until it heals. I think one of the things is that you don't look so tired-even with the swelling. Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana
ps - I am going to tell everyone you have been in a bar fight. lol

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie......Thanks, eyes certainly look better even a couple of days later.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jackie....thanks for stopping by.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.......HA...not sure Hollywood will come calling, but I guess we can dream. When do you think you will have this eye lid surgery??? It's suppose to snow tomarrow, maybe 5 inches....hope they are wrong.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....happy yes...I did not like those yellow patches, I could not pass for in my 30's people were always looking at the patches and wondering "what's wrong with her???" I did not leave the house for fear people thought the husband beat me up...hahahahaha!!!

Wilfred Ingram said...

A relative of mine also had eyelid surgery, the process of selecting a suitable and qualified professional is as intrinsically important as post-operative healing conditions and proper wound care. Thank you for sharing the incredibly realistic photos, glad that the recuperation process went well, and that the tear duct issues have subsided.

Wilfred Ingram @ Excel Eye

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails