Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Where Has Summer Gone???

Hi there everyone......can you tell me where summer has gone???? I closed my eyes and BOOM summer disappeared. In some ways I am glad, in some ways not. I will not miss the hot, high humidity that is for sure. There was no escape from the heat, and it seemed the stores I went into, their air-conditioning was turned down, like as if they were saving energy or something.

I like cool weather....the 70's are my favorite temperatures. Yeah, that is livable. Well...September is standing before us, so now I guess there will be less hot days and more cooler weather. I don't mean to rush things, but then winter is not far behind.

I heard someone ask the question, "Why does winter go slow and the summer go so fast?" Do you know the answer????? I wonder if we have so much planned for the summer, which makes time fly. Winters are slow times and not so much is planned which makes time go slow.....I don't know, only guessing.
So in these next few pictures is the growth of my two sunflowers in the front of the house. The first picture are the early days of the growing season.
Here we are, almost about to show our glory.
 Another view from afar.
Blooming....blooming.....blooming in all her glory! I am sure, there are many sunflowers in heaven!!!
Another view up close. The other day the second sunflower bloomed. I have two other sunflower plants growing at the neighbors house...they are much smaller then these...not sure why, the seeds came from the same package.....I shall have to take pictures of the other two sunflowers.

Well time to close, have to go downstairs and finish my cards for the Hospice meeting on Friday. Talk to you later, keep looking up, cause better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

Biz said...

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by - and it's true - it seems winter lasts forever and summer goes by in the blink of an eye!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails