Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Memorial Weekend Project.....And a Blessing to Those That Served

This being Memorial Day, I would like to THANK YOU to you all that served this country that we might still be FREE. You gave your life, just as Jesus gave his, that we might be saved from our sins and live in freedom. Thank You, Thank You! For all you have done!! As this song goes, "Thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you Lord for making me whole, thank you Lord for giving to me, thy great salvation, a gift to me."

Hi there everyone. How is your Memorial Day Weekend going??? As you can see, I am posting this on Sunday (late) evening. We were quite busy Saturday, my project was my neighbors side of their house. Her weeds were growing very well and as they have been up north, I asked her if I could pull her weeds and plant some extra tomato and pepper plants we received from the Appleton Master Gardeners. Her answer was yes.
So in these two pictures you can see all those weeds...pretty easy to pull, there was a fern and a small hostas planted along this side of her house. On the other side of the door are a few more hostas....I will work around them.
In the picture below is the finished project on this side of the door. I threw in some zucchini seeds, 2 tomato plants and 2 pepper plants and 4 cabbage plants. Along with some radish seeds. I will also throw some Swiss Chard seeds and onions too.
The ground was really pliable and easy to work with. I sure do hope these plants grow. They will get lots of hot afternoon sun during the day, so that will help in growth. Another plus will be when I walk out my back door I will see these plants growing rather then weeds. My side of the driveway will be flowers but they only get the morning sun.
Here's another shot of the side of her house.
Tomorrow I will have this part to work on.....maybe just pull the weeds and get some more tomato plants.....I have fallen in love with sliced tomato sandwiches.....and I want to can some this year too. So we can't have too many tomatoes!!!

Today I suffered from being outside all day yesterday and I got bit up pretty bad by the mosquitos or whatever they were. I did not feel a thing till last night when they started itching. I tried sprays, Absorbine Jr. (which felt cooling) everything. Finally a friend at church said try some Benadryl, so when we got home, I took a pill....and in half an hour I was out like a light...tonight I ran HOT water on my arms and legs. Helps for a little while then the itch starts up again.

So, as much as I would like to do some more weeding I am so fearful of the mosquitos getting me, I shall have to carry a bug candle around with me or something to repel them. OR not work so late into the evening.

I am looking forward to receiving my Mini Misti this week sometime....so I really need to get some more things planted before the Misti comes because I shall lock myself in the basement and will be playing with making cards with my Misti!!!! It's the little things that make me happy!!!

Well, time to close, you all have a great day and keep on looking up....better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails