Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2-U

Hi there everyone. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Ours was quiet, which is just fine with me. We slept in till 10:30am....phone was ringing so that woke us up. JP's brother from Chicago was calling. I putzed around on the computer and played scrabble with the neighbor next store for awhile till the computer started acting stupid. Then I shut it down and took a shower.

About 3:00 I left the house to go to a friends house to feed her cat, Misty and clean the litter. Hung around for awhile and talked to her, then turned the radio on for her so maybe she would think someone was in the house....we will see how Misty is tomorrow. I will take a picture of her so you can see how cute she is. I was actually surprised she came to me, maybe she thought I was Delores coming home.

I came home and got our Thanksgiving dinner going. I had already cooked the turkey last night....just a breast this time around, that is enough for JP and I. Also made this wonderful Mac & cheese with turnips and kale....a very good vegi dish. If you google in "Cavatappi Mac & Cheese with Purple Top Turnip and Kale" the Blue Apron's recipe will come up and you can print it off. I never worked with turnips before, so that was a first. Yeah...I would make this again, maybe try different vegies to go with the cavatappi.
So our Thanksgiving dinner included the mac and cheese, turkey, salad, turkey and gravy. See those triangle thingy's? That is Nann crackers topped with melted Brie cheese and a little bit of fig jam.....mmmmmvery good. I do have Turkey soup on the stove...so that should be good. I want to stretch this turkey breast as far as I can....after all, I paid $20.00 bucks for it.
Didn't make a pumpkin pie for today.....but maybe tomorrow. I baked the last pumpkin yesterday, but did not turn it into a pie. Did make a couple of pies last week for my birthday....finished both pies off by Monday. Pies don't last long here....heaven for bid they would get OLD!!!!
Here is a really good recipe from Blue Apron. Here is their site. "Mushroom Browned Butter Cavatelli with Lactnato Kale & Soft-Boiled Eggs" I learned one thing with this one....see that egg??? I have an antique egg cooker, it's over 50 years old and still makes some darn good eggs. Anyways, I followed Blue Apron's way of cooking the soft boiled egg, boil the water and place the egg in the water for 6 minutes then put under cold water.....nope, my egg was WAY too runny. So I brought out my trusty antique egg cooker and got the perfect egg....see the above egg. But yeah....I would make this dish again too.
Here is the "Cavatappi Mac & Cheese with Purple Top Turnip and Kale" Yumm this was really good...making the cheese sauce from scratch.....I think JP will get more mac & cheese dishes with maybe spinach and peppers....this was a very good recipe.
Here's what was left after Wednesday night. I could have eaten the whole dish, but that would have been 1400 calories in one sitting. Plus I thought I better leave some for JP and hopefully some for Thanksgiving Day. Which in pictures 1 & 2 you can see there was still half the casserole left. Yay for us.

So I guess I shall finish this blog and go downstairs and make some cards. I have Hospice cards to finish by the 4th before the meeting and then start my own Christmas cards....I better hurry. I want to get my little tree up soon....have some new lights for it...this year, my tree will be in blue and white lights and ornaments. Looking forward to decorating this year....you can see, I am feeling 100% better compared to just a few months ago. That hernia took it's toll.

Well, the Packers are playing the Bears....guess this is the first time they are playing at Lambeau Field on Thanksgiving Day since the 1920's.....geez that is a long time. Hope they win this one. During the Half-time they are going to retire Bret Farve's jersey...bringing tears to the eyes already....but that must be the plugs in my eye lids to keep them from drying....lol!!!

Well you all have a great evening and keep looking up, better days are a comin'. Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise..(:)
Oh it looks so good ..
Glad you had a nice one..we did too..
SO you are still having trouble posting a comment u say.. hummm
Maybe start a new blog? and see if that works..
hug,patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty...I do have another blog already, but not too many people stop by, nor do I use it much. Maybe I should go there and see how comments do there. Funny, I can leave comments on my blog and a few other blogs...but for some reason not on others...very frustrating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails