Friday, July 10, 2015

Flowers 2 X 2 and Brined Corned Beef

Hi there everyone. Hope you had a good day. My days are getting better, been sick lately with another round with the ulcer.  I guess JP's problem with his teeth got to me. He went to the Dentist on Monday and it has been decided that he has 4 teeth that need to be pulled. I had my second deep cleaning on the other half of my mouth Tuesday. Then got sick Wednesday and Thursday, finally throwing up with diarrhea Thursday. TODAY praise God I am feeling so much better and eating a bit more. Lost a few pounds...so that I will take.

Another thing I am dealing with is the cataract eye surgery on July 22nd and August 5th. All the pre-ops and post-ops that come with it. I suppose there will be the eye drops that have to be applied. Oh I don't know, this sure has been a tough year for JP and I....here's hoping things calm down for us in the next few months.

So below are my two lovely Brown Eyed Susan's that come back every year.....love these flowers. This year I got lots of seedlings to start....So I shall be planting them all over my yard....yayyyyyy!

                              Two lovely orange-red Lilly's
                         Two lovely red Bee Balm blossoms.
Two lovely yellow trumpet Lilly's. Not sure that is what they are called, but I do, cause they look like little trumpets to me.
                         Two lovely yellow Begonia flowers.
This is not a picture of my corned beef in the brine, but from the site I got the recipe from. I made the brine and heated it up, it is now sitting on the stove cooling down. As the recipe said, can't add the hot brine to the cold meat....both must be cold then let it sit in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. I made this years ago when we lived on our 20 acres and raised our own beef....yep, those were the golden days for us....lots of work but we ate really good.
I will let you know how this turns out, as I probably will cook it in my pressure cooker along with some cabbage and potatoes. (golly it is not even St. Patrick's Day!!) I cooked up some steamed broccoli in the pressure cooker tonight....delicious, that will go with the chicken and potatoes (that was cooked in the oven). JP's dinner is all cooked, now I just have to do the dishes.

Well you all have a good evening and a great Saturday.....oh how we love Saturday's!!!!! Keep looking up!!! Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I hope you and your husband get well soon. It's rough in our lives at times. I do not like to be going thru too much at once...it wears me out. I loved all your beautiful flowers.So much. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....and that I am...worn out with so much stress, ulcers, eyes, teeth and sickness seems to be plaguing me this summer. Guess the flowers and cooking keep me sane...hugs Louise

Biz said...

Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery from your eye surgery and glad you are starting to feel a bit better! Hugs!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....thank you, I appreciate the good thoughts.

Attic Clutter said...

OH so Sorry Louise..!!Ugh
too much stress..I get that way too..all upset..
well hugs..p

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty....yeah...way too many things going on. I am too old for all this junk to happen at one time!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails