Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Very Big Change......

Hi there everyone. How is your day going? Mine has been pretty busy, starting with getting Kylie to the groomer by 8am. Usually after I drop her off, I go to the store for food then come home. Today, I just came home. Went on the computer for awhile, then made some breakfast. Nothing fancy, chocolate rice cakes with cream cheese and strawberries. Sat outside on the porch for awhile. Then started washing the covers on the chairs and pillowcases that Kylie sleeps on. Well gosh, after a shower and haircut she needs clean bed coverings, right??.

Then I went outside to cut some rhubarb and made some crisp....NanaDiana's recipe this is so easy and makes lots....well, it should last at least a couple of days. The Groomer called to I could pick up Kylie at 2:30. So I stopped at the gas station for gas, pizza and coffee then on to the Groomer. Gosh, Kylie was so happy to see me....she must think I am not coming back for her....silly girl.
I ran across this picture of our house when we first bought our little house in 1991.....what a big change this house has seen. The tree in back of the house is WAY big now. The bush in front of the house was really small.....and that tree left of the house was the neighbor's tree...man I hated that tree, it caused a lot of problems. Finally the neighbor had it cut down....the limbs were rubbing on our roof.

The guy we bought this house from was single and getting married. So the extent of landscaping was....all rocks around the front and side and back of the house. Whew.....it took me quite a few years to remove the rocks and replace with flowers and plants.

In 2001 we got a grant from the City to get siding, windows, doors, a new porch and a roof done. The below picture is pretty much what it looked like......I did paint the porch and floor, probably 2-3 years after it was done. It stayed pretty much the same for all these years.
                          (both these pictures were taken in the same month....before and after)
Today.....this is what my house looks like now. The shutters were painted and put back up. The porch painted, new basement windows and a re landscaping......I am so very happy with my little house.....from what it looked like in 1991 to today 2015....it's a very big change!!!!

I wish the picture from 1991 was a little bit clearer, but it was a picture from an old Polaroid camera and had gotten very dark. I very seldom do scanning and for the life of me, could not figure it out.....suddenly I figured it out and "wa-lah" I shall have to do some more scanning of "Old Pictures". That should be fun.

Well, time to close this blog....need to go outside and plant a few flowers and move the cucumbers in the back. They only got about 4 hours of sun....that's not enough. Think I will do some cucumbers in the front....full sun there. Maybe over to the left where that big bush was....plenty of space to roam.

Have a good evening and keep looking up. Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

Patricia said...

The shutters do make a big difference, sort of the finishing touch. You sound really happy with all the improvements around the house. It looks very nice.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patricia...oh yes I am very happy with our little house....everyday I am thankful for the improvements.....we had so much rain lately and my kitchen ceiling did not leak....a true blessing!!!!! Thanks.

NanaDiana said...

The house looks so nice now all freshened up with new landscaping, Louise. It is just darling...looks like a sweet cottage.

I just played with your picture a bit to see if I could sharpen up the image a bit. I will email it to you. It's not great but it is a bit clearer than the one you posted. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana, thanks Diana....I saw the picture...it was definitely more brighter.

Attic Clutter said...

ha........ your doggy..(:)

LOVE your house Louise..
have a fun rest of the weekend..
hugs,Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails