Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Before and After ~ The Pond

Hi there everyone. It's a lovely day today. Paid a few bills and went to Sam's Club. JP ran out of oatmeal, peanut butter and prunes....I like to buy in bulk, it lasts longer that way. JP likes his oatmeal every morning. Peanut butter on apples, bread or by the tablespoons and 4 prunes a day.....to keep the doctor away???? Oh that's right, I forgot his apples!!!! Well there is still tomorrow.
So today I thought I would do some before and after's. The above picture was taken March 21st....as you can seen not much was growing. I wanted to get some pictures taken before "Rebuilding Together" people came. I think in this picture the pond is turned over....kind of hard to see. Nope....not turned over, I have it sitting up right.
The above picture was taken last summer 2014. I still had the pond sitting on top of the ground and the rocks built up around it.....it worked nicely, but a little unclassy looking. The goose did not mind though, as long as he was near the water.
In the above picture is "After" Rebuilding Together people came and fixed my pond and added an electrical outlet on the outside of the garage. They dug a hole and placed the pond in the hole and built the rock around the pond.....Mr. Goose is most happy now and can actually reach into the pond for a drink of water. You can't see him from here....but Mr. Frog is perched in his happy place and ready to jump in. I shall have to get a better picture at a later date. The Rebuilding people added flowers and red mulch. Yes, it is very, very pleasant out by the pond......I shall enjoy my backyard this summer. As long as the mosquitoes stay away and don't bite me.....geez they are mean this year.

I have added some new lights to my yard......I love the twinkling of lights at night time. So pretty.

Well it is time to walk Kylie for her evening walk. For tonight's jobs to accomplish, I have my spices to unpack and put in the cabinet and my antiquey things to put on the shelf above the refrigerator. Gosh I guess next place to work on is the basement. I have yet to make a few cards......have just been so busy re-nesting, have not had time to make cards. Hospice meeting is next week and I have no cards to give to them....oh oh!!!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the dentist for a "deep cleaning" he will be doing half my mouth.....Novocain and laughing gas are on order for me so I don't get too nerved up. Hope all goes well and I can be so relaxed that I doze off.

Hey....'da Hawks are playing the Ducks tonight....so I need to watch that and record "American Picker" one of my favorite shows. So you all have a good night and keep looking up!!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Diane ~ said...

Oh Louise you must be over the moon with all the wonderful improvements! I loved catching up and reading the posts showing your home's makeover! What a blessing!!! So very happy for you!! :D

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi there Diane...glad you stopped by. YES I love all the wonderful improvements!!! Thanks so very much....I must add though...You have been praying for me and that helps.

NanaDiana said...

That looks so very nice, Louise. I love it! I am so happy that it is done in time for summer! Prayers for you for the appt tomorrow. I know how much you hate that dentist appt. Blessings- xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

The pond and surround looks lovely. They did a terrific job. Good luck at the dentist. I don't like going either but it has to be done.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana...back from the Dentist, thanks for the prayers...felt them...the only time I was nervous was when he stuck the novacain in my mouth and I held on to the chair handles for dear life. Otherwise the Happy Gas did wonders!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....Thanks on the pond....yes they did. I think I have at least 5 more visits and then we send JP...(eh-eh-eh rubbing hands together)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails