Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Just a Thought 4 the Day

Hi there everyone....hope you are having a great day. It is so beautiful outside....I really should be outside rather then inside doing this blog......don't cha' think????? Well, in a little while Kylie and I will take our daily walk.

So today, would have been my father's birthday, he would be 96 years old....wow! But instead, at 43 he died of a heart attack in 1961(53 years ago). He had just finished reading the minutes of the previous meeting for the VFW and the meeting was coming to a close....my dad got up from where he sat, walked across the floor and passed out. My mother was called right away....my dad was rushed to the hospital, but was already dead. I was sent over to a neighbor's house. That was a terrible night, I remember sitting on the couch and got really cold. The lady gave me a blanket to warm up. Somehow, I already knew something was wrong, no one told me, but I already knew. Do you think God prepares a heart before something happens so we can cope better with that situation....I don't know....maybe. I remember another neighbor coming to get me and walking me across the street with his arm around me telling me that something had happened to my father......but I already knew something had happened to him. I walked in the house, took one look at my mother and said I was going to take my dogs for a walk.....It seems that's when I would talk to God....but this night, I was very angry with God....yeah, I know, it wasn't his fault, but who else could I blame???

In later years I finally realized why my father had died an early death....I depended more on my father then I did on my "heavenly father". A hard lesson to learn, I know and who knows what else I was thinking back then, but looking back on that time.....I can see where God gave me a lot of strength to go through that time....it was hard for a 14 year old to lose her father, the one man I loved so, so very much.

Who knows....I only hope my Dad was saved and I will meet him at the gates of heaven when I pass on or get raptured from this earth.....either way....I win the race!!!!

Nothing much going on today...I am going to make some scones tonight and stuffed peppers for JP's dinner....yum, bought a big pepper yesterday...looking forward to having a bite of that. By the way, I am looking forward to buying another piece of  "prime rib". I finished up the last of it last night along with a cheese and greens omelet, that sure was delicious.

Well time to close you have a great rest of the day. If you would like to visit my other blog at wordpress, the address is: cards4ubylouise.wordpress.com

Have a good one, Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

This N That said...

Hi Louise. It must have been hard to lose your father at such an early age. Daddy's and their little girls and all that. As we know, life isn't always fair. We just have to be thankful for what we have had. Hope you enjoyed your day and the rest of the week. Thanks for stopping by.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Evening Louise, I found it interesting but sad to read about your Father...too young to leave this earth. My Father died at 59 in 1991, I was 6 months pregnant with my only child. We sometimes will never understand these situations...it's not for us to understand...only God knows. What would we do without our heavenly Father?? I'm so glad you know him Louise....Letting him put his loving arms around us is all we need...he is the great comforter. blessings~~~Roxie

Attic Clutter said...

oh wow your dad was so young,, sad Louise..(:(
the spice sounds great..hugs,P

Farm Girl said...

Hello Louise. Yes, it is hard to loose your parents at an early age. My Mom was 30 and I was 11. I became the Mom to my brother who was 8 and my sister six. September is hard for me because I remember it as clearly as you do when your Dad was taken.
I wouldn't be who I am if not for that terrible tragedy. Thank you for sharing.
I hope you have a better day, I think it helps to write about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails