Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Few Cards, Computers and Crocheting

Hi everyone, how are you all doing??? Hope the weather is treating you well, where ever you are. We are still digging out from the storm yesterday and the weatherman said there is a major storm coming on Thursday. Yikes. I shoveled a bit today and there is no place to put all the snow. The mounds of snow are as tall as I am and I am 5'3". Pretty tall mounds!!! Where oh where will all this snow go, when it starts to melt?????

Well, I tried getting this blog up last night, but my computer was not cooperating with me. I still have Windows XP, and XP is going to be discontinued April 8th. Booooo!!! Guess I will be looking for a new computer in the next month or so. I think the "higher ups and powers that be" have this all planned out. So, if we get a refund from the Government, guess that money will have to be spent on either a upgrade for $100-$200 or a new computer for $500, more or less.....depending on what I want and what I can spend. Oh and then there is the learning curve of going into Windows 8 and who knows, by the time I learn Windows 8........Windows 9 will be right around the corner!!! Man....someone knows how to make money and it ain't me!!!!
Been working on some new cards. This may be my new line....using vintage looking stamps and stamping on pages of old hymnals and newspapers. This card was stamped with my new chandilier stamp that I got 50% off at Archivers...(sob, which just closed Saturday). The pretty lady, lace and flowers embellish the card. I think this could be an everyday card....depending on what you need it for.
This is the Valentine card I made for JP. He liked it very much. Thinking I shall make a few more of these for next Valentine's Day. Maybe even as a birthday or thinking of you.
Started doing a bit of crocheting. I love using knitted and crocheted dish rags for washing dishes. Thought it was time to start making my own, might just sell a few in my Etsy store also....once I get the hang of it and find a pattern I like....who knows, maybe a crocheted card of some sort is in the future. Maybe using the crocheted flowers in the below picture.
I found a blog that made crocheted flowers, something I had been looking for, for quite awhile. Then going to "youtube" I found out how to make leaves....so if you are looking to make these two items, check out the many tutorials there. As you can see there are two different kinds of flowers...just have to decide which one comes together easier. Practice makes perfect and no....have not found perfection in my dish rags or flowers. Someday maybe.

Well, time to close here and go do a bit of excercise and make some lental soup. So you all have a great evening and keep looking up, Spring is a coming around the corner!!!! Cheers ~ Louise

10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

OH, Louise! Can you believe we have another storm coming on Thursday? I am going to my daughters and thought I might drive back from Milwaukee really late Thursday night but I think I will end up staying over until Friday.

Love your cards using the old music as a background. That chandelier stamp is a beauty. So sad that your store closed there.

Hope you have a great rest of the week- I am off to Milwaukee early tomorrow morning- xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

Your cards are great. I've never gotten the chandelier stamp but this is pretty. We have two days of no snow but Thurs. we are predicted to have storms and a possible tornado warning! Good grief what next.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Brenda...a tonado??? and during winter??? Never heard of that...No kidding, what next??? We are not even dug out from the storm on Tuesday and another is coming!?! I need to go stamp and forget this winter...it's 35degrees right now and sun shining. Tomorrow who knows???

Farm Girl said...

Your cards are so nice. I used to know how to crochet I need to pick up a hook and see.
Well I hope you don't get as much snow as the last time. So much snow.
Stay warm.

Tina said...

Cute crocheted flowers (wink wink), ha ha!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Kim, Thank you on the cards, I enjoy making them. Oh my if you can hook rugs, you can crochet and SEE!!! So glad you are seeing much better. I am ready for spring and not a whole lot of rain :)

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hey Tina...I wonder where I got the directions to make a crocheted flower (wink wink...your blog???) haha! Thank you muchly!!!

Connie said...

Hi Louise,
Your cards are so pretty and I love the little crocheted flowers. Looks like you are thinking about Spring :)
Me, too.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Connie....yes, spring and please come soon!!

Attic Clutter said...

cute cute Louise (:) the card, the flowers and the banner (:) hugs..Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails