Saturday, March 16, 2013

New Products to Play With and New Cards

So today the mail man delivered these little treasures to my house. Exciting!!! 3 different purple patterned washi tapes, maybe just in time for Easter. AND....ta da ta!!!! Finally my Martha Stewert balloon punch. Been looking for this punch for a couple of weeks now. Archivers, Hobby Lobby, Micheals did not carry it. Didn't check JoAnns though. But now I have my punch and can make the colored balloons I desire and maybe even sell a packet of balloons in my Etsy store. just as I bought a packet of balloons from another etsy seller. Hopefully what goes around, comes around and someone will buy from me.....If I make the sale look interesting.
This is a sample of a card made with washi tape and some of the colors I have. This was a very fun card to make and has much potential to be most any card you desire it to be. I cut each end for the tapes to look like banners. I will be putting this card in my Etsy store sometime next week. It will be priced for $3.00 + postage, making it $5.00. still cheaper then a store bought card and it is homemade!!!
Here is one of my "anchor cards" this can be for a the sailor in your life, the retired sailor, the boat man, pontoon man, anyone having to do with water and boats!!!
I have a cricut machine (thanks to Sandi, who gave me one). Finally figuring out how to use it, took me long enough!!! Anyways I was looking for an anchor, looked all over the internet and also on SVG.cuts.com  No, no anchors. Finally found a site where they sold svg die cuts for $4 and can be downloaded to your computer......I found this anchor and it was FREE....my kind of shopping. Sooooo, I had it downloaded, now the project was to find it and transfer it to my Sure Cuts A Lot 2 program. Well, I managed to do it and here is the result of my efforts. Not a bad looking card, even if I have to say so myself.....LOL!!!
The above card, and this one are cut from the same card stock. I used the anchor in the above card and the cut-out anchor in this card.  Same anchors, two different looks.

I have decided to use a new background for my cards.....finally took down my little Christmas tree, but kept a string of lights....(I enjoy looking at the lights), can you see the little bunny peeking around the card??? Sort of a Christmas/Easter effect, but it makes for a nice place to take pictures of my cards.

Well time to close for today.........have some things to get done. Work is never done, there is always something to do. You all have a great weekend and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

Beautiful CARDS Louise(:)
love the tape.. oh the brides hehe yup the excitement of getting married ...whew.. been so long ago hard to remember that stuff LOL

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my Louise, you make such beautiful cards. You are truly amazing!
xo rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails