Monday, February 13, 2012

♥A Valentine Gift for Him♥

This is the Valentine gift I am giving the husband tomorrow, hope he likes it. A "heart box" which I got at Archivers a month or so ago, bought $10 worth of Valetine's product......that was not a hard challenge at all!!! Give me $100 and I could spend it in no time flat...lol!

So I thought it would be fun to decorate, this is what I came up with. My next challenge was trying to figure out what I wanted to put in it, no candy, no nuts, no cookies, no chocolate...........Finally came up with the answer! JP is into dried prunes, yes you heard me, they are individually wrapped, so this will work out well. They are actually VERY healthy, packing in lots of anitoxidents....more then blueberries AND they give you a GOOD constitution!!!!!

Back to the heart construction........wrapped and glued lace around the heart then covered it in red cardstock. Covered the edge with red spickles, then white spickles, sparkly red and gold heart-shapes, lots of bling and a red bow and an old-fashioned Valentine from the 50's. On the base of the heart...(which you cannot see, stuck the sparkly red and gold hearts around the base of the heart. (JP and I went to an Antique store and someone was selling some old valentines, wish I had gotten a few more. But, Valentines is almost over.....maybe next year that antique store will have more.)

JP's gift to me was a brand new pair of slippers......my old slippers were getting hole-ly and dangerous to wear, cause I was tripping over them.....time to go in the garbage, they only lasted 12-15 years or so. A gift from my mother.

JP and I went out to eat after church yesterday.......to the Express Diner (used to be a George Webbs) we got breakfast, buy one, the second one is free. Two eggs over easy, hash browns and rye toast and jelly........very good meal. We also got 6 hambergers for $5 for dinner along with homemade soup I made on Saturday....Italian Wedding Soup. Oh delicious!!!

So I think I will close this blog for now.......wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day, hope it is really special for you.........enjoy. Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh.

Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails