Thursday, February 23, 2012

Something Old.....Something New....

Finally downloaded the cards we made at Sandi's home last week. The above card was not made at Sandi's though......made this one for Shirley, as we exchange cards with each other once a month....my theme for this month is "whatever I am making at the time" As I am into "vintage looking" cards this is what I came up with. An old picture from a website I found "girl with her sled". Embellished with the vellum flower and punch from Martha Stewart. Dabbed with a brown ink pad. Kinda looks like "Something old".

This card was made at Sandi's home.......and this is the card she showed us how to make. Lots. of card layering, the top layer went through the cuttlebug, with a dotted folder down the side and oval nestability. I cut out flowers and popped them up, embellishing with gems and a black flower.

This is Shirley A's card. She embossed the card then ran a brayer over in different colors, then we embellished the card with the circles gold pen and verse on the inside.

Here's the card I brought, another old looking card....printed the card out on my printer, then hearts punched out embellished with a ribbon and layered on gold cardstock. A gel pen and speckles were added to sparkle things up.

This was Shirley K's card.........I really liked this one, as I have made a few since. The vellum flower was a scalloped punch, then folded and cut in half and glued on the card........hard to explain....maybe there is a tutarial on Youtube, I shall have to look and let you know. Sparkle cardstock was run through a cuttlebug with two different folders then ribbon drawn across. I guess you can use any ribbon but this ribbon was especially nice, must look for some like it. White would go with any color vellum flower. I have some teal vellum, gosh, think that would make a lovely card, don't you????


Well, think I will close this blog for today. Looking forward to getting some new stamps in the mail that I bought on Etsy. Easter cards are whirrling around in my head, so one of the stamps will be for Easter, kind of excited to see what comes out of it. So until then, keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh.

Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails